Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are you RIGHT NOW?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
On the sofa at last, after a day checking out a toilet where the flushing mechanism had packed up, trying and failing to get a sink waste fixed after the Minister who lives in the flat had pulled the waste to bits trying to clear a blockage (he called me at 9 am while I was still on the train) then, while queueing up at a plumbers' merchants to try to get spare parts for the toilet getting summoned to meet some National Grid contractors to survey some pipe work. It turned out there was a gas leak, so I had to hang around to supervise the National Grid engineers, while also trying to get hold of plumbers to fix the other problems. Such is the glamorous life of the property manager. It did mean that I got out of the office quite a lot, as I was travelling from one end of the parish to the other. I then worked on family business stuff on the train journey back. I'm now considering whether to get a cold Brooklyn Lager out of the fridge.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
On the sofa at last, after a day checking out a toilet where the flushing mechanism had packed up, trying and failing to get a sink waste fixed after the Minister who lives in the flat had pulled the waste to bits trying to clear a blockage (he called me at 9 am while I was still on the train) then, while queueing up at a plumbers' merchants to try to get spare parts for the toilet getting summoned to meet some National Grid contractors to survey some pipe work. It turned out there was a gas leak, so I had to hang around to supervise the National Grid engineers, while also trying to get hold of plumbers to fix the other problems. Such is the glamorous life of the property manager. It did mean that I got out of the office quite a lot, as I was travelling from one end of the parish to the other. I then worked on family business stuff on the train journey back. I'm now considering whether to get a cold Brooklyn Lager out of the fridge.

You need to get HELP!

Forty years man & boy of plumbing/heating/kitchens/bathrooms/tiling.
I still love my day working with my son [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION].
We are always busy and particularly enjoyed cleaning the blocked urinal at Davigdor School yesterday :eek:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
On a train from Chichester to Brighton. Currently near the end Southwick

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Must be somewhere near the equator I guess?

Feels like it today........ image.jpg:cool:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
2nd floor of an office building in San Gwann Malta behind tinted glass (But not for long) approx 30 degrees and sunny.
Only negative is humidity 94%

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You need to get HELP!

I still love my day working with my son [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION].
We are always busy and particularly enjoyed cleaning the blocked urinal at Davigdor School yesterday :eek:

I think you might need some help too. I can think of many things to enjoy but unblocking a urinal is not one of them. Still each to their own :)

getz

Jan 15, 2010
On my balcony overlooking beautiful Lake Garda in Bardolino,sipping a glass of Bardolino wine.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just sailing from Toulon, beautiful weather in the South of France today. They bloody love Johnny Wilkinson here; shops full of replica shirts with his name on still. Pics of him in bars & restaurants.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
You need to get HELP!

It sounds like a Dick Emery and Roy Kinnear double act SIMMO. You can unblock my botty anytime.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sitting on the roof terrace of a bar in Hanoi, with a Tequila Sunrise in hand (hey, I do like my cocktails 80s style), sweating in 34°C heat, amusing myself watching the hypnotic weaving to & fro of approximately 4 million mopeds attempting to negotiate a major junction, en masse, amid a quite biblical thunderstorm.

I've had worse evenings, if I'm honest.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sitting at my desk looking at a pile of cr@p that needs sorting out and waiting for the forecast heavy rain/thunderstorms to start.

I'm reminded of the words of Oscar Wilde: "Work fascinates me. I could sit and look at it for hours."

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
In a cafe eating poached eggs because I looked at the horrendous mess my stepbrother left in the kitchen last night cooking curry from scratch for his mates at 11pm last night and decided I could not deal with it first thing. Too messy to cook breakfast, too early to tackle it. So that's all waiting for me when I get back to mine, I'll have to clean it all up partly because my mild OCD just won't let me leave it their all day, partly because if I want to to anything in the kitchen at all today it'll need to be done.
This is a daily occurrence with him, daily. Thank god it's only temporary.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
At home, with all good intention to tidy the Garage before a party tomorrow...starting new job on Monday after five weeks off...which has been bliss, but strangely emasculating...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here