[Albion] Where are we finishing in our group?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are we finishing in our group?

• 1st

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • 2nd

Votes: 74 53.2%
  • 3rd

Votes: 16 11.5%
  • 4th

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Current Table

Screenshot 2023-10-26 23.49.19.png

Fixtures/Results
21/09/23 - Ajax 3-3 Marseille, Brighton 2-3 AEK Athens
05/10/23 - AEK Athens 1-1 Ajax, Marseille 2-2 Brighton
26/10/23 - Marseille 3-1 AEK Athens, Brighton 2-0 Ajax
09/11/23 - Ajax vs Brighton, AEK Athens vs Marseille
30/11/23 - AEK Athens vs Brighton, Marseille vs Ajax
14/12/23 - Brighton vs Marseille, Ajax vs AEK Athens

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Points wise is a very tight group , if we can get a win or a couple of draws from our next 2 away matches , the Marseilles match could be a cracker

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Points wise is a very tight group , if we can get a win or a couple of draws from our next 2 away matches , the Marseilles match could be a cracker
Considering how bad Ajax have been, I could see us getting another three points away in Amsterdam - however a draw would be fine.
AEK Athens away will be harder, a draw would be satisfactory.
Then it will be Marseille at home, it will likely be a group decider, so let's win that!

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
We’ve never lost a competitive European away match in our entire history so I’m pretty confident about picking up points in Amsterdam and Athens. Anyone in the group can still qualify though Ajax look demotivated. So it’s a scrap between us, Marseille and AEK over who gets one of the two slices of EL cake, and who has to settle for the Conference crumbs. After tonight, I’m going for us finishing in top spot.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Considering how bad Ajax have been, I could see us getting another three points away in Amsterdam - however a draw would be fine.
AEK Athens away will be harder, a draw would be satisfactory.
Then it will be Marseille at home, it will likely be a group decider, so let's win that!
I only realized last night this group stage is head-2-head and then goal difference. A win in Amsterdam and in Athens will see us finish second and into the next bit. We will do this.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I expect us to get better as the group goes on. We’ve found our feet now & will be less intimidated (if that’s the right way of putting it) when we next play Athens & Marseille. Group winners!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ajax are absolute shite. Whilst a draw there would be far from terminal, we really should beat them and it would probably make qualifying that much easier.

I think we'll win the next two and then play out a drab 0-0 draw with Marseille, probably seeing both teams qualify (as per Southampton and Spurs.)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Marseille are the only ones with something about them imo ajax can't or won't sit back over there and fancy us to turn them over 2nd place fir me

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ajax are absolute shite. Whilst a draw there would be far from terminal, we really should beat them and it would probably make qualifying that much easier.

I think we'll win the next two and then play out a drab 0-0 draw with Marseille, probably seeing both teams qualify (as per Southampton and Spurs.)

A win against Ajax almost guarantees our progress. They’d need to win both their remaining games to have any chance of finishing above us and hope we don’t pick up single point in either of our final 2 games.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
We really should be top. Speaking to someone that would know, a certain T Bloom reckons we should have beaten AEK at home 95 times out of a 100, Marseille are an open door defensively and Ajax were worse than Luton.

Next set of fixtures Fulham (h), Everton (a), Ajax (a), Sheff Utd (h) Forest (a) and AEK (a) are all winnnable. That's not to say we will but a decent haul from that lot will set us up nicely.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
These next three games are going to be group defining.

In all seriousness, I think we will need to beat Marseille to win the group

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Am I correct in saying that finishing top means we skip a knockout round and finishing second means we play a Champions League 3rd placed team?
Yes, exactly. If we finish first, we are automatically in the last 16. If we finish second, we play a Champions League 3rd placed team - win and we are in the last 16 of the Europa League however lose and we are out of Europe. If we finish third, we play a Conference League 2nd placed team - win and we are in the last 16 of the Conference League however lose and we are out of Europe.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Current Table

View attachment 168725

Fixtures/Results
21/09/23 - Ajax 3-3 Marseille, Brighton 2-3 AEK Athens
05/10/23 - AEK Athens 1-1 Ajax, Marseille 2-2 Brighton
26/10/23 - Marseille 3-1 AEK Athens, Brighton 2-0 Ajax
09/11/23 - Ajax vs Brighton, AEK Athens vs Marseille
30/11/23 - AEK Athens vs Brighton, Marseille vs Ajax
14/12/23 - Brighton vs Marseille, Ajax vs AEK Athens
Win 2 draw 1 top the group. Marseille 2nd