where are they

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
all the Barnes knockers
now is your chance to come on this board and eat humble pie

Dec 29, 2011
What wrong with saying a player is playing badly when he was? You seriously can't say he was playing well between September-November. It really pisses me off all these "eat your humble pie" threads. I can criticise a player when he plays badly and praise him when he plays well, otherwise what's the point of having an opinion if we just say the same thing what ever performance he puts in.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What wrong with saying a player is playing badly when he was? You seriously can't say he was playing well between September-November. It really pisses me off all these "eat your humble pie" threads. I can criticise a player when he plays badly and praise him when he plays well, otherwise what's the point of having an opinion if we just say the same thing what ever performance he puts in.

Good post.....Great point....

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ

Errrr, the point being most of the haters hate on Barnes for no reason, and don't praise him. They just go quiet when her does well.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Errrr, the point being most of the haters hate on Barnes for no reason, and don't praise him. They just go quiet when her does well.

First time he has been accused of being female though.........what bastard put the "R" next to the "E" on a keyboard eh :lol:

Having a name like Tony and the "I" being next to the "O" can be quite funny as well!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

Exactly. Are we all supposed to say the team played well all the time? It would make a forum pretty pointless.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

that's not really the point is it? The OP is no doubt talking about the people who say Ashley Barnes is SHIT, end of story. And do so many times. You don't have to look through NSC much to find those threads.

Nothing wrong with saying someone had a bad game. Bit of respect where respect is due is needed from some though.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
You will pleased to know the tit who sits behind me who a couple of weeks ago said, "I f**kin' hate it when Barnes scores - it's so frustrating", spent all of yesterday berating him for being shit... I finally turned round and mentioned that he'd scored one and set up the other.

The goon then briefly turned his hate towards Ankergren... and then back to Barnes for the last 20 minutes.

"He's f**kin taken the Argie off!! Get Barnes off he's shite"

I have never known a fan hate a player with such passion.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
And there you have it
Some argue on an Internet forum Barnes is good & some say Barnes is rubbish
Then they are argue if their allowed to have an opinion that Barnes is good or Barnes is rubbish :lolol:

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Personally I don't think Barnes is there yet as a top end championship/premiership player.

Yes he is still young, blah blah blah.

But I do have to stay he does at least look better up front than stuck out on the wing.

He has definitely had more licence recently to play as a centre forward. Hence goals are coming.

Is he right man for the job long term? I doubt it. Is he doing a job at the moment yes.

But if we are serious about getting to the premiership. I am not going to get over excited about a player with such obvious limitations.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Personally, I think the fact that at least one of these threads starts whenever he puts in a performance, speaks volumes,
He is doing well at the moment and long may it continue but isn't all a little bit
'Professional footballer does ok at football, shocker.'?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What the OP is referring to is that there is a very small but very loud group of fans who have a pathological hatred of Barnes. They would rather we lost a game than he score.

My view is that if he plays well give him 8/10 and if he plays poor give him 4/10 etc.

Because the venom against Barnes is so extreme other people feel duty bound to defend him, it does not make them Barnes lovers, they just cannot understand the mentality of the haters.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Personally, I think the fact that at least one of these threads starts whenever he puts in a performance

I think its more telling that people actually feel the need to start one of these threads.....

Footy divides opinion, players like Barnes are Marmite players, so provide those with a view one way or another, with plenty of discussion opportunity.

What I dislike though, is that vitriolic personal abuse that comes from the usual suspects on here whenever I commit the heanous sin of being critical of AB.....

For the record, I applaud his couple of moments yesterday, goal and cross, but I FEEL , as I generally do where Barnes is concerned, that if we had a classier player in his role, given all the opportunity he gets, we would be a more dangerous team, I firmly believe that for large parts of the game he is a passenger.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What I dislike though, is that vitriolic personal abuse that comes from the usual suspects on here whenever I commit the heanous sin of being critical of AB.....

Yeah so much worse than starting Barnes is shit threads, mostly, by fans who come across as pretty clueless

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
First time he has been accused of being female though.........what bastard put the "R" next to the "E" on a keyboard eh :lol:

Having a name like Tony and the "I" being next to the "O" can be quite funny as well!
Yes, I signed off a text to my boss as "tiny" once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here