Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are the threads bashing JFC?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The problem with JFC is that he doesn't really seem to know if he is a defensive or attacking midfielder.
Defence wise he is far too lightweight and attack wise his free kicks and corners rarely make it to the intended target.
I agree it is a little unfair to single him out as many other players haven't performed either.
Unfortunately to cut it at this level you have to either have to have the skills like Tex or read the danger like Ince, sadly I don't see these qualities in Jake.
NSC doesn't appear to know which he is either! Earlier in the season I seem to remember Hyypia being berated for playing him as a DM, when he should have been played in a more attacking role. Yesterday (before the match) when I questioned why he was playing ahead of the more skilful and creative Tex, I was firmly informed that it wasn't a replacement for Tex, because JFC WAS a DM!
No, I don't know the answer either!
But I still think the best idea - and not least because of all the criticism he gets - would be to lend him out to a League 1 side to get some game time and build his confidence.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
H

Is that because you haven't tried? JFC isn't the greatest but to say he's never had a good game is just plain silly. Southampton (2012/13) Reading (League Cup 13/14) Wolves (earlier this season) spring to mind instantly.

That poster is like a broken record slating JFC, their post record shows previous for it. In fact, they only really post when we lose.

And good point regarding the games. That Wrexham cup game was also a good game for him. He really isnt that bad, not brilliant but not poor - just average this season, which of course singles him out for criticism.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
But I still think the best idea - and not least because of all the criticism he gets - would be to lend him out to a League 1 side to get some game time and build his confidence.

Very much this. Would do him the world of good.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I made a point of watching him last night and at first it was all sideways and back passes even to the point that he broke up promising attacks. But to be fair in the latter stages he did look as if he was trying to move the ball forward into dangerous areas or attacking more himself. As others have said it is difficult to find anyone who wasn't poor last night but he was certainly no worse than many others

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
JFC was very poor last night and I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon as even my 13 year old son could see it.

His off the ball movement was poor, he pulled out of challenges and he reminded me of Ryan Harley last night...Not in the lazy sense, but in the sense that he doesn't look strong enough for a game against a physically decent Championship team.

I really hope that Hughton sends him out on loan to give him more experience and game time because I think with the right development, he can still be a Premier League player. Otherwise, I can see him slipping back down the leagues careerwise...he is no where near good enough for the Championship at the moment

Completely agree with this. If the guy does have latent talent then it needs to be nurtured in a place where he can actually get to make a contribution. On too many ocassions this season, a starting line-up featuring JFC feels like we're playing with 10 men and the game stagnating around him - same applies with Holla unfortunately. Definitely NOT down to him that we blew it last night - hopefully a bad day at the office that will be rectified on Saturday. Glad that the ref played nearly 8 minutes injury time given the shocking time wasting by Reading in last 20 minutes - hardly a highlight to justify the ticket price though.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
His last jolly to oxford went well........

Yeah, two seasons ago. He's not the same player he was then so judging him on his previous loan spell is irrelevant . He's had a run in our first team (something he hadn't then) and has been apart of the England U21 setup (something be also hadn't done).

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Don't change a winning side unless you're forced too.

Too many changes last night, could hardly expect JFC to just slot in and play a blinder after being out for so long. Was there a reason Stephens didn't start after his fine cameo against Derby?

I'm a bit behind today, but were the changes through injury / suspension, or manager's choice?
JFC playing a blinder lol
Southampton 3 years ago is the only worth while mention and he gets worse the older he gets...He was a supposed talent that was awful while on loan at Oxford remember.
If we send him to league 2 on loan he might do o.k...Thats no joke

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Don't change a winning side unless you're forced too.

Too many changes last night, could hardly expect JFC to just slot in and play a blinder after being out for so long. Was there a reason Stephens didn't start after his fine cameo against Derby?

I'm a bit behind today, but were the changes through injury / suspension, or manager's choice?

Apparently through CH's choice.

Stephens was out after picking up a 'knock' against Derby according to Hughton post match. He's expecting him to be 100% ready for the Wolves game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here