Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are the New signings

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
So I assume we are all happy then even when the club announced we would have signings weeks ago.
Silly me

We're happy because we're not idiots and we know that signings will come. As Tony Bloom himself has said, we tend to do more deals towards the end of the window because we get a better deal and don't pay over the odds.

People need to stop pissing their pants and calling for Burke's head when they have no idea how well he's doing his job. If Tony Bloom is happy with David Burke, so am I.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Come on Burke get your finger out and do what you are paid to do :censored::censored::censored:

We have no keeper and you have known about this situation for months I was hoping you would have had a plan when you did not renew the big poles contract.
Maybe he should be next on the chopping block not the poor scouts who have all been sacked recently.
The buck stops with you Burke do your job........
:drama:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We're happy because we're not idiots and we know that signings will come. As Tony Bloom himself has said, we tend to do more deals towards the end of the window because we get a better deal and don't pay over the odds.

People need to stop pissing their pants and calling for Burke's head when they have no idea how well he's doing his job. If Tony Bloom is happy with David Burke, so am I.

Is this in or out of bed?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
we have got to be patient and the signings will come . the club are trying to bring in the right player to suit the way we are going to play under hyypia and we dont know what the club are doing behind the scenes

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Come on Burke get your finger out and do what you are paid to do :censored::censored::censored:

We have no keeper and you have known about this situation for months I was hoping you would have had a plan when you did not renew the big poles contract.

Two things jump out from this;

1) How do you know what Burke's been doing? It's quite feasible that all he's been doing is trying to land a few specific targets and it's taking some time. It's also equally feasible that he's sat on a beach doing sod all and collecting his wage while laughing like a maniac. Point is, I can't imagine anyone on NSC really knows what's going on.

2) When did it become Burke's fault that TK left? Surely, if it wasn't the decision of the player, that's more Barber/Bloom territory?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
You'd think people would just accept we never sign 10 new players by the middle of July. Not gonna happen. They remind me of kids going mad for their Christmas pressies cos they can't wait a day longer. Sheesh.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
You'd think people would just accept we never sign 10 new players by the middle of July. Not gonna happen. They remind me of kids going mad for their Christmas pressies cos they can't wait a day longer. Sheesh.
we need to find the right player to suit the way we are going to play under hyypia and instead of just signing anyone

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Maybe he should be next on the chopping block not the poor scouts who have all been sacked recently.

How can the scouts that have already all been sacked be next on the chopping block?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He's had his finger up my bum most of the week.

He can have his finger up his bum all he likes. As long as he gets some more quality players in (which he will) I couldn't care less how many hands he's got free at any one time.

Edit: YOUR bum. Sorry.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

Jesus!

and they haven't even broken up for summer yet.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

No it doesn't.

I am with you though. I expected signings a week or so ago but nothing, no news.

It's a cash-flow problem.

The club don't have as much money to spend on players then many others so can't attract the better players.
Whilst at the same time, losing some of our better performers due to wages.

Ankergren it is.

:shrug:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If the club don't have much money to spend on players, why don't they just say so? At least we wouldn't then be so expectant.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

the best will go first and command the rate that those are willing to pay. Late deals are done for loan players who are not seen as central to their clubs. How would you regard the signings, albut on loan terms of, David Rodriguez, Leroy Lita and Obika. These were all late loan signings and suggested some desperation and none of them what we wanted.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Whilst I don't believe there is any cause for panic and the signings will happen. I always thought pre season was the time for team bonding, getting used to different patterns of play and formations. Getting understandings going with team mates etc etc etc. Seems a bit stupid waiting to the last minute just to save a few weeks wages, when new players could be settling in as we speak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here