Michael Kamara?
Scott Flinders?
David Beckham?
Darren Currie?
Nicky Bull?
Glenn Murray?
Fleetwood?
Simon Cox?

Kamara is a LB isn't he? I guess Richards is the first option there.

Hasn't Bull signed for Southend?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's just like imagination - an Illussion

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'd actually like to think they're talking to about 10 players, with the hope of getting five in.

spot on alan - if we are only talking to five players then that is taking a massive risk giving the trouble we seem to have in persuading them to come here. talk about limiting your options

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
At a guess who would the 5 players be?

Michael Kamara?
Scott Flinders?
David Beckham?
Darren Currie?
Nicky Bull?
Glenn Murray?
Fleetwood?
Simon Cox?

We will get someone in probably in time to play tomorrow

Flinders
Currie
Murray
Richards/A N Other
Dave Cameron

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
I am still reeling from the shock that someone wants Elder to be in the team. Last time I saw him play was the JP game against Cheltenham, and he was utter GASH.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
12:05 of 50 minutes of the interview with DK on SCR

" ......i can confirm I am negotiating with 5 new players.... very close to bring them in on 5th January and you will be very pleased when they come in........... I cant say who they are obviously........next saturday will see the results of the negotiations and I am very confident..."

paraphrasing,,,but there you are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounti...brighton_audio_archive_2007_2008_season.shtml

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I expect Richards to come back and probably Flinders on loan as cover for Kuipers.

That Rochdale guy seems to have been ruled out by their manager and Crewe are apparantly expecting to hear today whether Fleetwood is going there or not. Would imagine he is out of our price range anyway...

Would be pleasantly surprised if we get anyone other than Richards and Flinders.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
12:05 of 50 minutes of the interview with DK on SCR

" ......i can confirm I am negotiating with 5 new players.... very close to bring them in on 5th January and you will be very pleased when they come in........... I cant say who they are obviously........next saturday will see the results of the negotiations and I am very confident..."

paraphrasing,,,but there you are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounti...brighton_audio_archive_2007_2008_season.shtml

Bloody dreadful thing to say live on the radio on reflection. Think he was just under pressure and came back with that. Probably regrets it as soon as he mentioned although with the radio interview out the way doubt he gives a shit what we think anyway

Jimmy Grimble

Jason Puncheon at Barnet

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
Whilst up at the Swansea game during the week I heard from someone well connected with the club that we were in the process of re-signing Alexis Bertin.
I was very surprised as I thought the guy had burnt his bridges with the club. He (or his agent) obviously thought he could do better than the Albion, which hasn't happened.
Personally wouldn't mind seeing him back IF true.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Whilst up at the Swansea game during the week I heard from someone well connected with the club that we were in the process of re-signing Alexis Bertin.
I was very surprised as I thought the guy had burnt his bridges with the club. He (or his agent) obviously thought he could do better than the Albion, which hasn't happened.
Personally wouldn't mind seeing him back IF true.

I tell you what-

Bertin
Currie
Richards

:whisky:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just listened to the phone in again, here's the transcript

Harty: Is he [Matt Richards] one of the five ?

DK: " NO, but the point is that I have to make alternative arrangements in case Matt doesn't come back. So one of them is that"

If Matt comes back... (doesn't finish sentence)

Harty: Is one of them a full back ?

DK: Yes Ian, well done

I think that concludes my point that one of the five is a replacement for Richards, if he doesn't come back :D :D

( Right at the end of the phone in )

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here