Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are all the posters who said Vicente would not play for us again?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
OK so he's only had a short cameo so far BUT anyone want to hold their hands up and admit that they were wrong?

The silence is deafening after the slagging off he's had from some on here.

More injuries apart, exciting times ahead with Ulloa and the potential signing of a Dutch defender.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
OK so he's only had a short cameo so far BUT anyone want to hold their hands up and admit that they were wrong?

The silence is deafening.

More injuries apart, exciting times ahead with Ulloa and the potential signing of a Dutch defender.

Even for the few minutes he came on Saturday, he looked absolute quality. Very very exciting if he can stay fit for the run in.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Wrong about what? The fact he hasn't even come close to being worth the 2 years of (high) wages he will be paid? Nah I don't think so. Perhaps when he starts a string of matches and is instrumental in us actually winning some of them perhaps. He is was fit for the last run in and didn't exactly help us to excel did he?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I said he would never play for us again. I was wrong. His ten minute cameo on Saturday was a joy to behold. Although frankly I'd rather Gus had stuck Dunk on with a mission to take Zigic out of the game by foul means or fair.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've yet to meet anyone who is right 100% of the time!

I never said he wouldn't play for us again but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that his enforced and involuntary (?) return might have had something to do with his latest injury.

I hope he now stays fit and we see him play out the rest of the season. I'm not optimistic he will but would be delighted if he did.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I've yet to meet anyone who is right 100% of the time!

I never said he wouldn't play for us again but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that his enforced and involuntary (?) return might have had something to do with his latest injury.

I hope he now stays fit and we see him play out the rest of the season. I'm not optimistic he will but would be delighted if he did.

Are you not married? :lolol:

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
Wrong about what? The fact he hasn't even come close to being worth the 2 years of (high) wages he will be paid? Nah I don't think so. Perhaps when he starts a string of matches and is instrumental in us actually winning some of them perhaps. He is was fit for the last run in and didn't exactly help us to excel did he?

It's good to see that at least the people who know for a fact that he's on "high" wages are still around and making themselves heard.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

The silence is deafening after the slagging off he's had from some on here.

Let's make a proper assessment at season-end, when we can measure value he added to the squad/performances/results.
Saturday was nothing more than a cameo - a few nice touches but nothing really tangible in terms of outcome
At the moment he's featured in a Carling Cup defeat and been on the pitch as we sat deep and let a victory slip.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's good to see that at least the people who know for a fact that he's on "high" wages are still around and making themselves heard.

Exactly, let's turn a positive into a negative

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Wrong about what? The fact he hasn't even come close to being worth the 2 years of (high) wages he will be paid? Nah I don't think so. Perhaps when he starts a string of matches and is instrumental in us actually winning some of them perhaps.

How much is he on then?

He is was fit for the last run in and didn't exactly help us to excel did he?
Are you serious? He didn't help us? My god......

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Let's make a proper assessment at season-end, when we can measure value he added to the squad/performances/results.
Saturday was nothing more than a cameo - a few nice touches but nothing really tangible in terms of outcome
At the moment he's featured in a Carling Cup defeat and been on the pitch as we sat deep and let a victory slip.

No idea what you have said in the past but the thread was only an observation that quite a few were convinced that he was taking the piss. He is a gamble, he wouldn't be here otherwise.

When it was muted that he may get time against Newcastle, there were quite a few posters who decided that the only reason that might happen was so that he could "put himself in the shop window"

It's almost like some people would rather be proved right about Vicente not being interested than see the most exciting player EVER to wear the stripes (imo) turn on the magic again. That is f***ing sad, again just imo.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he might never play for us again AT HOME.......he has to get through this week yet!

Glad he is back.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
he might never play for us again AT HOME.......he has to get through this week yet!

Glad he is back.

I wonder if Gus will start him against Arsenal? Some game time tomorrow and no injury reaction and I think he just might and I'll be even more pissed off I can't make the game and gave my ticket away :down:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I wonder if Gus will start him against Arsenal? Some game time tomorrow and no injury reaction and I think he just might and I'll be even more pissed off I can't make the game and gave my ticket away :down:

your get a live feed so so be too disheartened!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wrong about what? The fact he hasn't even come close to being worth the 2 years of (high) wages he will be paid? Nah I don't think so.
You don't know anything about his wages or his contract.
I don't think it's unreasonable to think that his enforced and involuntary (?) return might have had something to do with his latest injury.
That is unreasonable. He's not been training with the team, it must have been thoroughly miserable for him, he wouldn't have trained alone through choice. Gus has known he's been returning to fitness, and not because Vicente said 'ok, I give in, i'll play again'. He's been injured.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here