Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wher did you,sit or stand. The Goldstone

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
North Stand, halfway between the goal and the left hand corner flag, three terrace steps back. Then at the top of the steps by the exit for the last five minutes.

caesar salad

Jan 26, 2006
First ever game, when I was about 7, was in the seats in the West Stand with my dad. A Saturday afternoon in the middle of February, freezing cold, strange smells of pipe tabacco and Bovril wafting around the rafters. Nil-nil vs Halifax, btw.
Up until then I had no idea that this all happened every other Saturday in a quiet little corner of Hove. It certainly beat playing with my lego and watching Rugby League on Grandstand. After that I went on the east terrace with my dad and used to watch on tip-toes at the front (possibly the worst view in the world, unless you're after a close up view of the cinder track. But as I didn't really understand the rules etc I didn't care. In those days it was enough just to 'be there.') Later, when I started going on my own I used to go on the North if I got there early enough, or on that little bit of terrace in front of the players car park if I didn't. Seem to remember Garry Nelson driving a sponsored Fiat Uno...). For some reason, never got around to watching from the south.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Chicken Run :D

Half way line about half way up the terraces.

I threw the ball back to Peter O'Sullivan once :bowdown:

Anyone remember when a flare was thrown from the back of the chicken run and landed in a C Palace fans parka hood about three rows from the front. It singed his hair a lil bit.

Shouldn't laugh
:lolol: :lolol:

ps.. Couldn't see the game for a couple of minutes until he was put out :lolol:

Last edited:

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
Pretty much everywhere. Started mainly in South East corner family terrace circa 1979. As i got older spent quite a lengthy spell bantering in west paddock. Then throughout my split between north and east stands. I was on the East Terrace for the Donny game.

R.I.P. :bowdown:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Since 1975-76 started in the South Stand then then West Stand right by dugout then the north Stand when I was 16, Im 35 now and hope to be in the new 'North Stand' at Falmer!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
First game in front of the Lego Stand (it was a free ticket)
A couple of seasons in the East Terrace, followed by one game in the South Stand (versus Norwich), a season on the West terrace not far from the left hand dugout. Finally graduated to the North Stand in 87 when pursuaded by a work colleague that the atmosphere was better then, how right he was, thanks Al.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
albionmoba7oz.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Every part of the ground, but the North Stand on only a couple of occassions.

The greatest number of years were spent near the halfway line behind the first row of crash barriers in the East Stand.

I remember that during one period of time there was one rather rotund gentleman who continually hurled abuse at Brian Tawse.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
North-west terrace...................then later years centre of North stand...... sniff...........memories memories

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
I was young so I used to sit up just behind the advertising boards in the North West stand.
I sat in the South stand for the last game.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
started in the chicken run til i was old enough to go without my dad (mid 70's), then in the north.

first barrier from the top by the left hand entrance, where stephen north used to stand sometimes. i think the only exception was the cup tie against pompey when they didnt make it a ticket game and i had to go in the north west corner

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
North Stand, either behind the goal about half way up, or next to the fence and wind up the oppositions fans:lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
just about all over but ended up in the east terrace (north end so I could here what you lot were whispering........not) and do I miss it yes and I miss the mates I went with,one sadly has left us RIP mate I know you are up there somewhere watching.
they were great days and I know they will come back once we get falmer up and running.
goldstone then was the centre of the earth. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
First season was in the East terrace, then for twenty odd years in the South West, next to the tunnel, behind the dugout. Occasionally in the West and South.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Started off in the Chicken Run (north-east corner). Moved to the North Stand in the mid-70s, moved back to East Terrace in the 80s (halfway line) and back to the North Stand for the final couple of seasons (although watched the Wigan and Donny games from the East Terrace).

Never watched from the West (stand or terracing and saw just one game from the South, when I used someone's season ticket (we won that 4-1 so should have gone more often).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
First ever game.. north west with my Dad (I was only 8).

Virtually every game after the the North Stand, at the back to the right of the goal. I stood at the back because my mate who went with me is 6'5".

I sat in the West Stand once, for a friendly game against New Zealand, and stood on the west terrace once, the Quarter Final against Norwich. I'd arrived too late for what we had of the North Stand. I sat in the South Stand once, for the 1988 Arsenal cup match.

How many people started in the North Stand and ended up in the West Stand via the pitch during the game to say 'hello' to the club's esteemed chief executive, I wonder? :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here