Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will we have our new manager in place?

When will we have our new manager in place?

• Today

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • This week

Votes: 25 9.9%
  • This month

Votes: 70 27.7%
  • First half of June

Votes: 126 49.8%
  • Second half of June

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • July

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Hughton was dismissed on 13 May, and Potter was announced seven days later, on 20 May.

Potter was formally announced as leaving us on 8 September and RDZ was announced on 18 September - so 10 days later.

Potter leaving obviously wasn't planned (like Hughton), but we didn't have to negotiate with another club for his exit.

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
We were pretty quick getting Houghton in after we sacked Hughton then. Shame he only lasted a day - might have been brilliant given a bit more time!
It is genuinely astonishing that after all these years people still cannot spell his name. Astounding even.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Houghton was dismissed on 13 May, and Potter was announced seven days later, on 20 May.

Potter was formally announced as leaving us on 8 September and RDZ was announced on 18 September - so 10 days later.

Potter leaving obviously wasn't planned (like Houghton), but we didn't have to negotiate with another club for his exit.
Last Friday evening as RDZ left Blooms office, within two minutes Bloom & Barber called in other members of staff and were pulling out the "next manager options" file from the cabinet (or opening it on outlook). That and RDZ comments over the last few months the file was probably on his desk and Bloom was tapping it as he was speaking to RDZ, feelers were probably already sent out to targets.

I am going to say we will know by Sunday 7pm

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
The way I look at it decisions from managers we are in interested should be quickly found out. If they know anything about Brighton, they will already know our player purchasing model. They should also know we have one of the best owners in the Premier League (if not the world) who will not over commit at the risk of the clubs future.
If they are not willing to work with that then the contact should be swift and they say no.

If they are interested then those things are not a surprise to them, then the interviews will go ahead and TB will pick the best one.

The amount of media coverage about our club and about how it is run should not be a surprise so should make the whole thing a bit easier.

I think it will help that a fiery manager like RDZ left the club in a good respectful way and still praising the owner

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I don't think we've ever entered such an over-crowded manager market. It may all work out fine, but if we don't land our number 1 target (who is reportedly being offered better terms by two clubs) then it'll probably be the first time we get a prolonged wait for a new manager. Instability is not good for progression.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I reckon we miss out on KM and it drags on until mid/late June looking for an alternative.
yep ...... with sporadic titbits from PB saying 'things things take time.....we need to make the right decision'. Even though we are apparently masters at 'succession planning' and already 'know who the next manager might be'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here