Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will we get season ticket refunds?

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Regarding Norwich away game refunds. Clubs position.

‘ I can confirm on behalf of the club that we are unable to currently provide you with a refund of monies. This isn't us being difficult, it is the same for all clubs currently whilst the league is postponed. No games have been cancelled and the league is due to recommence at some point, we simply haven't been notified by the Premier League.

At the point in which they tell us the date of the game, if at that point you cannot attend that advertised game then at that point you will receive an opportunity to apply for a refund. This would also include if they confirm that all games are to be played behind closed doors.’

Club have now confirmed the remaining games are behind closed doors but no mention of Norwich refunds....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
[/B]

Club have now confirmed the remaining games are behind closed doors but no mention of Norwich refunds....

I thought they said that IF the season continues it will be played behind closed doors, no confirmation of anything yet is there?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Just out of interest, is the average STH going to be looking for a refund? I appreciate a LOT of people are in dire financial straights at the mo, and have every right to claim their refund. There must, however, be quite a number who are fortunate enough not to need the money. In fact, although we’re clearly missing the footie, I’m actually saving quite a lot in petrol money by not having to go to the games! So, my sense is that I won’t request a refund. But then again, if I’m giving up circa £150, should I expect the players to do a bit more? My contribution is absolutely paltry in comparison to just a few minutes’ of a Premier League salary

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just out of interest, is the average STH going to be looking for a refund? I appreciate a LOT of people are in dire financial straights at the mo, and have every right to claim their refund. There must, however, be quite a number who are fortunate enough not to need the money. In fact, although we’re clearly missing the footie, I’m actually saving quite a lot in petrol money by not having to go to the games! So, my sense is that I won’t request a refund. But then again, if I’m giving up circa £150, should I expect the players to do a bit more? My contribution is absolutely paltry in comparison to just a few minutes’ of a Premier League salary��

It needs a poll. Leave it to me...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I wonder what the club will do with s/t charges, for behind closed doors football for 2020/21?

.. and how will they show it ?

I understand the rest of the German football will be shown for free by Sky Germany on their news channel.

Next season all home games on the website via a login ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
.. and how will they show it ?

I understand the rest of the German football will be shown for free by Sky Germany on their news channel.

Next season all home games on the website via a login ?

I’m sure it’s being planned.

My preference would be also on the big screen of TV through BT or Sky, pay for view. We know they can manage multiple TV games at once, after that successful experiment on some match days this season.

I wonder what the Championship will do, after all we might be in it!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If I were still a fan I might waive it, however as I’m now a customer I’ll take it thanks. If the club can still afford to pay the likes of Ashworth the majority of his high six figures then they don’t need it that badly.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I wonder what the club will do with s/t charges, for behind closed doors football for 2020/21?

I think the clubs and Sky/BT have a bit of a problem with this, I'm a s/t holder and subscribe to Sky Sports (I have taken up their subscription break) also I did subscribe to BT but have since cancelled that.

The club could offer s/t holders all BHA games live but is that a fair offer? Also how will SKY/BT handle this? Surely they can't charge for a watered down version of football, behind closed doors is awful to watch.

My view is that if the 2020/21 season is played behind closed doors SKY/BT will be charging.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Seems I didn’t read the small print properly regarding direct debit payers. I am surprised that the money is being taken off next season direct debits given the consensus that next season will also be behind closed doors. I would have expected a lump sum refund given we have paid the entire amount. Football is still being dragged kicking and screaming into line with the realities of a world with Covid 19 and the Albion is no exception.

Murphychase

May 4, 2010
The Amex
If I were still a fan I might waive it, however as I’m now a customer I’ll take it thanks. If the club can still afford to pay the likes of Ashworth the majority of his high six figures then they don’t need it that badly.

This!!................There was a time when I may well have contributed back to the club but since the change of focus to us all being "customers" in recent years rather than "supporters" I will take my refund, thank you.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I think the clubs and Sky/BT have a bit of a problem with this, I'm a s/t holder and subscribe to Sky Sports (I have taken up their subscription break) also I did subscribe to BT but have since cancelled that.

The club could offer s/t holders all BHA games live but is that a fair offer? Also how will SKY/BT handle this? Surely they can't charge for a watered down version of football, behind closed doors is awful to watch.

My view is that if the 2020/21 season is played behind closed doors SKY/BT will be charging.

Sky / BT / Amazon will "continue as normal" and try and come with a way to make what's on offer more palatable.

No season ticket charges next season because simply there won't be any games to attend, at least not well into next year.

Can't see teams in the football league surviving.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here