Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will we get relegated?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Which season will we next be relegated. Post your prediction here for re-bounce at some point in the future!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
28/29

Somethingdean

May 18, 2019
Soon,with baited breath I await relegation back to a better time.The tourists will be gone-good luck getting the Japanese contigent in for Scunthorpe United.
Back to the glory days,hoofball,real fans,real pain.
Take your tiki-tak-ing the piss football and shove it.We want our Albion back.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the year 2525

On Saturday 3rd May. @Giraffe’s 20th generation descendent will bounce this thread to mark your win.

IMG_2594.png

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
From our current position of strength I reckon it would take a combination of the following, in order of importance: 1) A manager that doesn't work out 2) 2 bad transfer windows in a row 3) loss of 1 or 2 key players 4) A season where 2 of 3 promoted clubs have a stormer. 5) loss of key backroom staff.

It is inevitable at some point though, nothing lasts forever in football.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'll go for 27/28

RDZ leaves at end of 24/25 after failing to qualify for Europe again.

Maverick managerial appointment that doesn't work out in 25/26, gets fired, a few players start to leave and not replaced with same quality.

26/27 new manager bumbling around lower mid table not really up to much.

27/28 no improvement in results, manager fired part way through season but doesn't stop relegation.

Okay seems a bit far fetched.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
There's a reasonable chance that our recruitment model gets successfully cloned by 3 or 4 more other clubs, who aren't so concerned about trying to break even. Add in a few mid-sized clubs getting bought out by Yanks and middle eastern states.
This eventually slows our supply of players and managers, and as average wages continue to rise we find ourselves, struggling in a better quality division.

I could see us slipping down the league in this scenario, which would probably take a minimum of 7 years to take hold.
So I'll go for 2031/32

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here