Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the election be?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
With yesterdays nothing budget, and with petrol rises put off to September (reasonable to assume that the election will come before then) when do ou think the election will be?

I think June.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
If they had it now, they'd lose.

Won't be until 2006 in my view, but a lot can change in that time!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
does that mean the local elections for Brighton & Hove are this year?

:jester:

seriously I dont care when the general elections are...just as long as we get Falmer BEFORE them or otherwise Two Jags will throw our Inquiry to the very bottom of his pile until a few months after the election at least :angry:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If the elections were held now, I don't think you could rule out the Lib Dems holding the balance of power with a fairly significant number of seats.

The Tories are still unelectable and Labour are losing support from traditional voters and from the disillusioned centre right - not to mention the anti-war vote.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That's the theory but basically most of us really don't give a toss and don't think about it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Soton Seagull said:
Ahh, voter apathy. A serious problem inthis country. People don't care what happens and then spend their time whinging about how crap everything is.

thats because voting does'nt matter anymore!Take the residents of Florida who voted against Bush and yet their votes get disgarded because of a f*** up (in other words Bush lost so rigged the recount).

I dont vote because theres no on worth voting for, its the lesser of two evils and they can all f*** off and die for all I care!
I actually wish I could become an MP and do things the right way but that takes time and effort! maybe in my next life.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Safeway said:
Not strictly true in my case. I subscribe to the 'politicians are all as bad as each other' school of thought.

then make your point and spoil the ballot paper.

If you don't turn up people think its cos you don't care about voting for those who represent you.

If you turn up and spoil the ballot paper you get to make a good point. IE if we have not got Falmer come May's local and European elections then thousands writing I won't vote till we get Falmer across the ballot paper would make a point.

Personally I won't vote till I am given the option to turn down all the candidates that the big party's throw at me.

I want a box that says none of above, if that box gets more ticks than any candidate then they rehold the election and all those taking part are barred.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Soton Seagull said:
There are probably a fair few people in Oldham and Burnley that wish they had voted now!

And in Huddersfield (Kirklees) council. There is BNP there as well from Heckmondwike :angry:

I always vote even if it is for the least harmful of the available options.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here