Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will the club reveal the new kit?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
last year the kit was revealed back in april, but it hasn't been shown yet, are nike reluctant to reveal kits in may or is it that we're waiting for our new manager, or something else.

If that's your concern in mid-May, before the play-offs have even run their course, Why Don't You Just Switch Off Your NSC And Go Out And Do Something Less Boring Instead?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Paul Barber was due to design it this week but the hunt for a new manager has scuppered that. I believe he has some time in his diary next Thursday afternoon to quickly come up with something.

Dick Knight could help out surely? We'll be in need a new club Seagull Logo too and he's brill at those. I'm sure the current Albion hierarchy wouldn't be petty enough to hold grudges and would welcome his input.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
In the match day programme which celebrated 15 years with Errea towards the end of the season, there was an article inside with their representative that said the shirt change for the following season is signed off in March, although it mentioned that 1 year they signed off the shirt as late as April.
I know we have changed manufacturer but this would suggest that the Shirt would already have been signed off.
They have to have sufficient time to manufacture the official kit and all the associated training kit required by end of June for the team and supporters.
It's really just a case of when to launch it which may have been affected by this week's event's.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
It's more to do with when they can produce the kit. It was signed off ages ago but I guess they will not make an announcement until nearer the time that it will be in stock. As I said above, my guess is August after the World Cup. Even with Errea they had problems in getting it in stock for pre season. At least there won't be any issues with chasing shirt sponsorship and the delays this caused kit production in the past.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
August, after the Nike have exhausted shirt sales from the World Cup.

Don't think you're far from it there, I reckon once the WC furore has died down, then we'll see it, I'd be surprised to see it before Jules Rimet's been held aloft.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's more to do with when they can produce the kit.

Seeing all of the clubs that Nike now supply they'll do well to have them ready for the start of the season.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
White stripe, blue stripe, white stripe, blue stripe.... repeat until meet round the back. Red number and lettering on back.

Blue or white shorts and socks depending on mood.

Job done.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
White stripe, blue stripe, white stripe, blue stripe.... repeat until meet round the back. Red number and lettering on back.

Blue or white shorts and socks depending on mood.

Job done.

I fear with Nike that this may be the (basic) case.
For away substitute red and black.
For third .......... Might have to wait until home and away sales have been exhausted.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Personally I hope it's here well before the end of June and the summer break in Majorca. Not just a shirt mind you, shorts and socks form an essential element to any world traveller's wardrobe, and whilst a pound or two missing from my 'solid' midriff would not go amiss totally I feel confident that Nike will make the kit with an amount of elasticity.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Dick Knight managed to fit designing in around running the club. Poor show from Barber

Yes and let's remind ourselves of the expert use of WordArt for our sponsors name. Absolutely shocking!

image.jpg

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Picture it now. Pre Rod Stewart gig, the new, previously unnamed boss (let us name him 'Paul' for discussion sake) propels himself James Bond Olympic style from a speeding helicopter directly on to the stage SPORTING THE NEW KIT.
This opportunity to kill two birds with one stone should prove irresistible and sell the remaining Rod tickets.
Imagine the sharp intake of breath as the new face is revealed, names are muttered as the falling body heads close to the pitch.
'It's Harry' 'Like the thick blue stripes' 'No, it's Sven, and the blue is too dark'. Just imagine it as all falls into focus and the new incumbent clad in stripes proudly ejaculates '....and now it's time for Maggie May' before handing over to the maestro.

Come on Paul Barber, here is your chance for an event to remember for all, both young and old

:albion2:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Paul Barber was due to design it this week but the hunt for a new manager has scuppered that. I believe he has some time in his diary next Thursday afternoon to quickly come up with something.

I heard the task has been given to Burke and that he has some unusual ideas with colour combinations

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here