Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When will Roberto De Zerbi leave Brighton?

When will Roberto De Zerbi leave Brighton?

• Before the end of the 2023/24 season

Votes: 10 4.8%
  • Summer 2024

Votes: 121 58.5%
  • During the 2024/25 season

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Summer 2025

Votes: 51 24.6%
  • During the 2025/26 season

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I'm a raging optimist and think he'll still be here in Summer 2026

Votes: 12 5.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There are only three certainties in life: death, taxes and football managers moving on.

The Real Madrid thread had me thinking: when will the day come when Roberto De Zerbi and Brighton & Hove Albion agree to go separate ways (or suffer a bitter and acrimonious break up)?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Summer 24, I think (hope) he'll be loyal enough to see out the season but signs that he might be frustrated with our budget and likely he'll have other offers.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
When he's achieved the next target which must be top 4! Don't worry about it he'll be here for bloody donkeys years yet.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Hope he stays for as long as possible as he’s worked wonders here obviously. I think he’ll at least see out this season then get frustrated with more selling of our best players during the summer and go early next season. But I hope I’m wrong!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
He’ll stay till summer ‘25 assuming he’s not got himself sacked before then and only then will any team such as Real Madrid consider him seriously.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
There are only three certainties in life: death, taxes and football managers moving on.

The Real Madrid thread had me thinking: when will the day come when Roberto De Zerbi and Brighton & Hove Albion agree to go separate ways (or suffer a bitter and acrimonious break up)?
Huh … I’m going to ask you again Bozza - do you know something we don’t ? I feel like you are the grown up prepping us for a heartbreak 😂

It does kinda break my heart to say it because he was an elixir to the shocking way Potter left, but yes, a summer move to Real if Ancelotti lasts until then, otherwise before …(can’t see him wanting Ten Hag’s job if he goes would have to be Pep’s or nothing in the PL imo)

Now, where is that list of possible replacements you started …?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Huh … I’m going to ask you again Bozza - do you know something we don’t ? I feel like you are the grown up prepping us for a heartbreak 😂

It does kinda break my heart to say it because he was an elixir to the shocking way Potter left, but yes, a summer move to Real if Ancelotti lasts until then, otherwise before …(can’t see him wanting Ten Hag’s job if he goes would have to be Pep’s or nothing in the PL imo)

Now, where is that list of possible replacements you started …?
I know nothing at all. My gut feeling, for a little while now, has been that assuming we don't crash-and-burn this season, then he's likely to have the kind of offer(s) that would be very tempting to him next summer.

Like everyone else I'm absolutely loving the ride he's giving us.

Francesco Farioli is my only tip for life after De Zerbi...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Ugh. What a negative thread. Yes, he will leave one day - maybe sooner rather than later. But as Albion fans we are having the best years of our lives. Let's just enjoy it while it lasts.
20231121_233629.jpg

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I know nothing at all.
Sorry - 🙂 it was a teasing question, that’s all - I wouldn’t expect you to divulge anything about the Club that wasn’t for public release.
Like everyone else I'm absolutely loving the ride he's giving us.
me too
Francesco Farioli is my only tip for life after De Zerbi...

Nice idea (pun intended) - that is if Jim Ratcliffe didn’t want him to replace EtH!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Probably next summer. Great guy who is doing a superb job with us, but won't be losing any sleep when he does go; I've got total faith in the board to bring in a replacement that can take us to the next level. Potter leaving when he did felt like a total disaster at the time, and even though RDZ has achieved more, I don't think I'll have that same feeling when he leaves.

I think it's more likely he'll go to Inter/Milan/Juve/Napoli before going to City or Real.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Interesting how people get suckered by click bait articles and believe one of the world biggest clubs are interested.

Has RDZ this season started to believe his own publicity? Basic mistakes in team selection has cost us points in the PL. Going away to Villa with that starting 11 was only going to end one way.

Last season fantastic achievement although now when sides have worked us out as did Sheffield Utd we seem short on answers.
If we go a goal down he or the players seem to panic, the game plan goes out the window all the attackers we have on the bench end up on the pitch and we then look disjointed unable to keep ball possession.
One day he well may go but not for a few seasons yet.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He's onto a good thing here. He knows he's loved by the fans and he knows he has an incredibly supportive owner/chairman, CEO and board that he would be hard-pressed to find anywhere else. He knows this is special, and that he is writing our history by taking us to places that we have, literally, never been to before. There is no way he'd leave us just for more money or to manage a supposedly bigger club. He'll want to see this project through. Just like Graham Potter did.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Charlie is pretty well sourced and tweeted this about RDZ rumours just now. (i mean they would say that wouldn't they...and doesn't mean he won't leave at one point but sounds perhaps as if the Real Madrid story was not quite as it seemed. )

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I will personally give you a £1000 if lallana is ever appointed as Albion manager
We don't do managers, rather head coaches, assistant head coaches, first-team coach etc
He was already appointed interim assistant head coach to AC and remained in the position for a number of days following Potters departure, missing out on the trip to Bournemouth following postponement.

Highly likely Lallana will be in another coaching role with us soon, hopefully head coach of an age group side with us eventually.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here