Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When will Brighton be a bigger club than Palace

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I tend to base on fan base or potential fan base. This Leeds are a bigger club than Leicester or Palace.

We are a similar size to Palace. But potentially bigger if we get it right.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
We (CPFC) are only the bigger club currently due to the farce that is the Premier League and its spending capacity. The fact, as far as I'm aware, that we made more revenue from the league than Brighton for finishing 11th rather than 17th last season shows the vastness.

Of course if you get to the PL while we're still struggling to fix our stadium problem then you'll most likely overtake us at some point but judging on how you've fared this season, I'd say it's more likely we'll be seeing you in The Championship than in the top division and we'll have parachute payments to look after us there.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
In terms of fan base I think we are on a level playing field.

On the Pitch they seem to be getting better & we seem to be getting worse.

Infrastructure means nothing unless it is transferred on to the pitch.As it stands this season
we are probably more likely to get relegated than they are.

All the time they are eating at the top table & we are not I think you have to admit
They are a bigger club than us.

All good comments.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
What I must say is that our Fans Forum must be much bigger and better than the Palace fans forum. Some of their fans have written on here thousands of times. It does get confusing when one of them comes on here saying certain things and it is not to do with us but them. I think it would be a good idea for any Palace fan on here to have some sort of picture by their name to make it obvious . Perhaps a pig or something like that,just for a bit of fun of course.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Winning when we play each other is all that matters IMO. Recently its been pretty much all Palace but even overall I believe.

That and kicking the xxxx out of each other!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
it can only be much younger Albion fans on here who think were bigger than palace

not so long ago they finished 3rd in the top flight,weve never came close to that

just being in the 2nd tier for my generation is considered a success

both nearly won the fa cup,there record gate is alot higher than ours,but only because the goldstone was so small,so larging it with the amex is a bit rich,palace will get a new ground eventually

all that said,we always gave them the mike reid at the goldstone and we had the shed

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
who cares who is the biggest club

the important thing is, we have always and will always forever ooze class.

that lot from South London have always been pond life.

We have always been and will continue to be far superior to a bunch of unpickedup park turd!

In the context of Brighton v. Palace matches, it is probably best too avoid the subject of turds............

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
great question! …………… [not really] To be serious. As a Brighton fan Palace are a bigger club. Brighton could become the bigger of the two depending on how many of their fans they don't p off over the next few years.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Its either a choice of fillet steak or road kill.
We are doing fine :cheers:

How was the fillet steak yesterday ?
Undercooked and like a win, RARE !
At least we had similar results yesterday, we lost to the third best team in Europe, you lost to the third best team in the north east. :thumbsup:

How was the fillet steak yesterday ?
Undercooked and like a win, RARE !
At least we had similar results yesterday, we lost to the third best team in Europe, you lost to the third best team in the north east. :thumbsup:

Piss off you prat!

Anyway, why has the OP started what he has?(and why have I bounced it!?) I'm a proper Palace hater (except for my mates Palace Mark, Dan, Sim and Se20) but **** me we've got nothing to shout about, history proves we'll get our day in the Sun (see Pompey/Soton, Burnley/Blackburn, even United/City) this could be in 5, 10 years but it could be in 25, who knows but until then I'm keeping schtum, a padded seat and a couple of big screens doesn't level it for me.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What I must say is that our Fans Forum must be much bigger and better than the Palace fans forum. Some of their fans have written on here thousands of times. It does get confusing when one of them comes on here saying certain things and it is not to do with us but them. I think it would be a good idea for any Palace fan on here to have some sort of picture by their name to make it obvious . Perhaps a pig or something like that,just for a bit of fun of course.
We have !

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The way this season is going, never.

el punal

Already are imo - but again it depends how u measure it. Stadium and fan base mean a lot for me when measuring these things and we re head and shoulders above them. History also comes into it and they're ahead in that in terms of being in higher leagues for a while. If course, not having a ground screwed that for 15 hrs or so for us. We re lucky with being the only pro club in a large area. Almost the whole of Sussex (Crawley of course are the other). BHA all the way :)
15 hours or so! Have you been travelling in the TARDIS? :D

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Didn't realise it was all about who was the bigger club. Man U are bigger than both of us. As are Liverpool. And Arsenal. And Spurs. And Man City. Big deal.

If I was from south London I'd support Palace. I happen to be from Sussex, so I support Brighton. Football loyalties mean nothing once you get beyond geography/family ties. Otherwise it's all a bit random and counts for nothing.

Huple

Unregistered
May 28, 2008
Standish Sanatarium
So will our spanking brand new training ground attract kids who may have previously gone elsewhere. There isn't enough talent in Sussex to make a difference is there. So is it foreign youngsters that will come to us ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here