Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When we were promoted, would you have taken three seasons in the Premier League?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He had not made 34 starts before Brightons third season in the Premier League, as I've said repeatedly. He had made 0 starts.
Does that make him worse than Bernardo or Suttner? Are Lamptey's 8 starts weaker than playing a season with Martin Montoya? Did we waste £20 million on Webster? Was Trossard not playing?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That the covid break didn't necessarily save Brighton and that the boys would not necessarily have lost against Arsenal in 2020 despite the poor previous results.
Perhaps. I remember the doom on 29/02/20 having lost at home to Palace and having to get a rail replacement bus home amongst Palace fans from Polegate - it was bleak.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I understand what you are saying and to a large extent I agree with you.

Also think that given Bloom's vision and planning that a stay of three seasons, or less, was probably considered the most likley way things would pan out, or at least a very realistic possibility, before bouncing back.

Credit to Hughton, as much as Bloom IMO, for that not happening IMO.
I don`t know TBs plan but i am pretty fuckin sure it wasn`t based on a short if any timeline , yes he would of had a contingency plan , that was made and set-up 2-3 years earlier . Let`s get this straight this guy knows his stuff , he has been planning our future history since 2009 . Anything that happens is by design .

Put it is this way ," they " are all envious of us , they want what we got , they want LITTLE Brighton`s players , they want to play like us , they want youngsters like we scout -only they don`t want to do the scouting just take the player with a bigger cheque .

They are all envious of us we`ve got magic that cant be bought , good people and a deep love for the club :bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don`t know TBs plan but i am pretty fuckin sure it wasn`t based on a short if any timeline , yes he would of had a contingency plan , that was made and set-up 2-3 years earlier . Let`s get this straight this guy knows his stuff , he has been planning our future history since 2009 . Anything that happens is by design .

Put it is this way ," they " are all envious of us , they want what we got , they want LITTLE Brighton`s players , they want to play like us , they want youngsters like we scout -only they don`t want to do the scouting just take the player with a bigger cheque .

They are all envious of us we`ve got magic that cant be bought , good people and a deep love for the club :bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign::bhasign:
We still needed some luck along the way, if Parker had believed in Mitrovic to score in PL we could have well gone down in season two. Thankfully he put his faith in Josh Maja 🤣

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Does that make him worse than Bernardo or Suttner? Are Lamptey's 8 starts weaker than playing a season with Martin Montoya? Did we waste £20 million on Webster? Was Trossard not playing?
Moving the goalposts when it turned out all of what you said was bullshit. We could do this all night. I have other things to do than to discuss something with someone who is always moving the goalposts or changing his mind depending on where the wind blows, without recognising it. Pointless.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Moving the goalposts when it turned out all of what you said was bullshit. We could do this all night. I have other things to do than to discuss something with someone who is always moving the goalposts or changing his mind depending on where the wind blows, without recognising it. Pointless.
The "goalposts" are simply the relative strengths of the season 2 and 3 squads. That's the point I picked up. As those three points all go to that I'll assume you have no comeback.

Have a nice joint / pizza / wank / gang stabbing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
The "goalposts" are simply the relative strengths of the season 2 and 3 squads. That's the point I picked up. As those three points all go to that I'll assume you have no comeback.

Have a nice joint / pizza / wank / gang stabbing.

No need for a comeback when I've been right all along. CH had a shit bottom three squad and kept it up. GP had a marginally less shit bottom three squad and kept it up. Remarkable achievements.

Have a nice night drinking beer with your farting dog.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
We still needed some luck along the way, if Parker had believed in Mitrovic to score in PL we could have well gone down in season two. Thankfully he put his faith in Josh Ma
We still needed some luck along the way, if Parker had believed in Mitrovic to score in PL we could have well gone down in season two. Thankfully he put his faith

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If you'd asked me that question five years ago .................... I dont know, honestly. I think I'd have quite happily settled for being a yo-yo club (before settling in to the PL) for a while though.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
When the summer transfer window closed in 2017 I was concerned we may eclipse Derby's 11 point record without us signing a striker. I would happily have taken 3 years for our first stint in the premier League, knowing how relegated sides compete and often regain promotion quickly

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Perhaps. I remember the doom on 29/02/20 having lost at home to Palace and having to get a rail replacement bus home amongst Palace fans from Polegate - it was bleak.
Thanks for the reminder, I took the whole family, what a joyous day out.

I enjoyed lock down.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
If you'd asked me that question five years ago .................... I dont know, honestly. I think I'd have quite happily settled for being a yo-yo club (before settling in to the PL) for a while though.
No , no you wouldn`t , all your posts go against that imho . (y)

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Whilst expectations as to how long we'd stay in the PL never really crossed my mind what has truly shocked me is that 6 seasons in and sitting in mid-table 10th that I'd be at such a high level of excitement in anticipation of waking up at 6.45.am on Wednesday morning to watch us play a style of football at this level I'd never thought possible.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here