Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When was the last time?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
When was the last time we had a run of 4 games at the end of a season without the realistic possibility of promotion or relegation?

It feels very non Brighton to be in this position

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When was the last time we had a run of 4 games at the end of a season without the realistic possibility of promotion or relegation?

It’s going to do wonders for reducing my alcohol intake, which is great

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I feel serene.

I like it.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Last season at Withdean, promoted with 5 games to spare. Champions with 4 games to spare. We could relax for those last 4 games. Don't think it would have helped [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION]'s liver though.

In all serious though the 2009-10 season saw us finish 13th, we were 10pts clear of relegation with 4 games to go, We'd certainly turned our season around considering where we were when Poyet took over in November 09 and I don't think we were looking over our shoulders at that point.

el punal

From 2000/01 season to now (2020/21) - 20 seasons, we have been involved in a promotion or relegation battle in 18 of those 20 years.

The simple fact of the matter is that we rarely do mid-table mediocrity. Typical Albion! :drink:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When was the last time?...

... I saw an Albion (or ANYBODY's!) throw-in go straight out for an opposition goal kick? Nope, sorry, can't remember a single time other than yesterday :lol:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
When was the last time?...

... I saw an Albion (or ANYBODY's!) throw-in go straight out for an opposition goal kick? Nope, sorry, can't remember a single time other than yesterday :lol:

And I think I might be right in saying we gave away two foul throws in the previous game.

Playing centre backs and attacking midfielders at wing back has downsides

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

That's us screwed

No more points and Fulham suddenly gain 100% record.

It isn't over yet.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
10 points clear with four games to go - that's a bit like being 7 points clear with three to go (which could potentially be the case after next weekend). That'll be fine, absolutely no worries, uncatchable - the lads can all relax now and get their flip-flops out, we'd never let that sort of lead drop ..................................

............... well, not often anyway .................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here