Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When was the last time a team quite so obviously gave up...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I thought we gave up on that one - weren't we 5-0 up at half time?
Beat me to it. Although some of their supporters gave up and left.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
When Mitoma scored the sight of them trudging out and the look of them that they expected it.......

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Groß and Caicedo were literally stood in the centre circle playing 5 yard first time passes to each other at 3-0. I think they did about six in a row - the nearest West Ham player was at the park and ride I think.

I’d absolutely love a GIF of this.
Yep…the game absolutely stopped. It was like the whistle had gone and they were knocking it about waiting for the ref to restart play. Bizarre.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep…the game absolutely stopped. It was like the whistle had gone and they were knocking it about waiting for the ref to restart play. Bizarre.
West Ham were just happy for a breather!

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yup. I’d add Blackpool when we had Poyet in charge
I've never felt so relaxed at a Brighton game as that day. We were in complete control from start to finish. Even when Hammond scored that own goal, our fans were laughing/almost cheering. Beautiful weather as well if I remember correctly

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Us at home to Stoke(?) under McGhee at Withdean. Lost about 0-5 I think and the players looked hungover.
1-5. Grimly amusing. Think it was the last game of the season. When Rooney (no, not that one) scored a hat-trick. H Block were chanting ROO-NEY! ROO-NEY! Doug Loft came on after an hour, scored with the softest daisy-cutter you'll ever see and promptly got awarded MoM :lol: In McGhee's post-match interview he said the game didn't matter anyway. As you'd imagine, that went down well...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here