Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When was our last league penalty?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Am I missing something?
How does this post square with your earlier post, which says that Lopez scored v Millwall, 1/3/14?

Lopez v millwall was the last home penalty in the league that we scored. (Stat Brother asked the last league penalty we scored)
Lopez v Blackburn is the last away penalty in the league that we scored. (Keeping the dream alive asked for the last away penalty, I thought he meant that we scored, Hans Kraay pointed out the Ulloa penalty away v Barnsley, which was saved)

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Ah. My bad. Misread the fixture list. That was the last away penalty we scored (and took).

It was Jesse Lingard's debut and his only contribution to the match. Poor old Holloway was furious at how soft a penalty it was.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It was Jesse Lingard's debut and his only contribution to the match. Poor old Holloway was furious at how soft a penalty it was.

Which is gloriously ironic, considering Holloway got Palace promoted with no little help from the 15 or so penalties they were awarded that season.

Leicester got about 15 or 16 last season I think, mostly caused by the curiously strong pull of the earth's gravitational force upon Jamie Vardy (see also: Zaha, Wilfried, back in the days when he was a professional footballer).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Which is gloriously ironic, considering Holloway got Palace promoted with no little help from the 15 or so penalties they were awarded that season.

Leicester got about 15 or 16 last season I think, mostly caused by the curiously strong pull of the earth's gravitational force upon Jamie Vardy (see also: Zaha, Wilfried, back in the days when he was a professional footballer).
It's funny how badly gravity affects Kaz outside of the penalty area, and yet inside the box Freddie Krueger couldn't foul him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here