Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Prescott says yes.....

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
....how long before the builders actually start work on construction? Are there any other hurdles? Do we have to wait while the Nimbys decide whether or not to apply for a judicial review? Can anything else get in the way of actually building the bloody thing?

Or is it decision on Monday(ish) and builders in within a few days?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The business plan for funds has to be agreed and then tenders put forward for consideration.
The new university buildings would have to be built before the exisiting ones demolished.

Not sure how long that would take.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
**** the builders! When Precott says yes I'll be up there the next day with a spade myself before he can change his mind!

Lammy said:
**** the builders! When Precott says yes I'll be up there the next day with a spade myself before he can change his mind!
You'll need more than a spade.

You'll need to demolish all of the 1960s University buildings that currently occupy the site.

I'd suggest bringing a couple of mates and a few cans of Special Brew. If I understand Tony Blair right, the two major threats to the fabric of society are the legacy of the sixties and binge drinking.

This is a perfect opportunity to have a good binge and sweep away an unwanted icon of sixties liberalism.

While you're trashing the old buildings, it'll be best to keep out of the way of any genuine builders. Brighton University will be knocking up 9000 square metres of replacement academic buildings and will want to get on with this undisturbed. I guess that'll take them a day or two.

The time to bring your spade is once the University have finished their little building project. With a bit of luck, we'll be playing at Falmer by October. If not this year, then some time later.

:)

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lord Bracknell said:
You'll need more than a spade.

You'll need to demolish all of the 1960s University buildings that currently occupy the site.

I'd suggest bringing a couple of mates and a few cans of Special Brew. If I understand Tony Blair right, the two major threats to the fabric of society are the legacy of the sixties and binge drinking.

This is a perfect opportunity to have a good binge and sweep away an unwanted icon of sixties liberalism.

While you're trashing the old buildings, it'll be best to keep out of the way of any genuine builders. Brighton University will be knocking up 9000 square metres of replacement academic buildings and will want to get on with this undisturbed. I guess that'll take them a day or two.

The time to bring your spade is once the University have finished their little building project. With a bit of luck, we'll be playing at Falmer by October. If not this year, then some time later.

The stadium site isn't totally taken up with the Uni buildings. Only a small bit on the side is. The rest of it will require digging out a bit to lay the foundations.

I shall be there with me spade...

....and possibly a can of special brew!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here