Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When Premier League matches are played behind closed doors

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Trust me, it is much easier to work out what is going on when watching live on TV

The VAR is more obvious and you don’t have to travel very far

All they need to do is pipe in some crowd noise and Bobs your Uncle

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Newcastle will still get 50k in to protest about the chairman and how they hate their team.

I know you’re jesting but expect there could be some serious civil disorder concerns as people don’t heed the lockdown and congregate outside the grounds to offer support outside.

Going to be interesting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know you’re jesting but expect there could be some serious civil disorder concerns as people don’t heed the lockdown and congregate outside the grounds to offer support outside.

Going to be interesting times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not being able to see the pitch might make for a better customer experience.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Stop the games until the virus is controlled/ antidote is found.

Refund on season tickets.

Lawro predicts the scores for the rest of the season.

We go down with two others.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stopping the league today and having 1-1 draws awarded for all remaining games seems like a sensible approach.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
You got an idea of the thinking of some MPs at PMQs today with a question about Parliament and with 650 MPs how will they continue when the virus infects more. Johnson's usual non reply referred to large gatherings, so if 650 is a large gathering then everything is going to be closed down.

Personally I would prefer to see a limited attendance, as an example anyone with more than 500 loyalty points would be allowed to attend,

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I’m sure I read that people with over 500 loyalty points can’t be carriers of Coronavirus.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A least Potter won't be able to blame the fans for causing a 'nervy' atmosphere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You imagine Sky are already working on crowd backing tracks so that, for the armchair fan, the games sound normal*.

(* - not required for Albon home games, obvs)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You got an idea of the thinking of some MPs at PMQs today with a question about Parliament and with 650 MPs how will they continue when the virus infects more. Johnson's usual non reply referred to large gatherings, so if 650 is a large gathering then everything is going to be closed down.

Personally I would prefer to see a limited attendance, as an example anyone with more than 500 loyalty points would be allowed to attend,

With a doctors note to show that they are not infected?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
.... as they surely will be. (Spectators have just been banned from sport for a month in Italy)

Will we get our season tickets refunded? I would assume so.

Probably in the form of a voucher for the club shop, if Barber's got anything to do with it :moo:

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Wolves away will be fine, Arsenal probably ok as well.

Games after that must be at serious risk of being behind closed doors.

Hope you are right.
Got tickets for Arsenal with protection if postponed but no cover for flights, hotel and car hire :(

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Just need to get a new kit out before the end of the season

Kit .jpg

SAC

May 21, 2014
I remember watching for the pools panel verdict if a game was called off, sometimes as exciting as the actual game. Perhaps we could just televise the teleprinter every Saturday at 4:45?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here