Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] When (or if) Jesus Christ returns to earth, will he...........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Use social media, and the mass media in general, to get his message across?

Had a very interesting conversation with a Vicar up at the Crematorium the other day, obviously he's convinced Jesus will return at some point, and as he stated the Bible says "every knee will bow at his feet, and every tongue will confess to him"

My point was, bearing in mind the modest background he came from last time, he's clearly not going to arrive like Evel Knieval, but there's probably far more cynicism around today than there was 2,000 years ago, so if he does come back, its going to be mammoth task getting his message across and getting enough believers behind him.

That's unless he's already here?

I know you're fishing, but maybe carry on the discussion with the same vicar or another minister. Try reading Revelation, as it will describe the second coming a lot better than anyone on Nsc can.

Enjoy tomorrow (if it comes :lolol:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Weird this, on a day when a Worthing funeral director flyer lands on my doormat in Shoreham

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
Will he be here for kick off ?

And will he leave for the early train at 2-0 down, then leg it back for extra time when he hears the Albion have equalised? I bet he'd be cross if they won't let him back in

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If anyone's read Preacher (or seen the TV adaptation) then I reckon it'll be something like that.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Probably be locked up in a Psych hospital and ect/drugged to death.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Seem to remember an old story about a church near Anfield with a slogan saying "What will you do if Jesus returns ?" someone had written "Move St John to inside right" on it.

‘JESUS SAVES’....... ....... ....... but Ward puts in the rebound.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm sure there was the banner "JESUS SAVES but Toshack scores the rebound"

Man United cup final

Jesus saves, but Pearson hits the rebounds!

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
There's a John Niven novel called The Second Coming that is about Jesus returning to earth in modern day America. It's very sweary and very funny, like all his books...I recommend it for a light read.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Loathed to advise the son of God but I would humbly suggest steering clear of social media. How would we differentiate him/her/it from all the other nutters claiming they are bringers of truth* and have all the answers?

* yes I know

It's loath dammit, loath!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There's a John Niven novel called The Second Coming that is about Jesus returning to earth in modern day America. It's very sweary and very funny, like all his books...I recommend it for a light read.
It is very good but it's no Preacher!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here