Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Lopez leaves this summer, who is next on the hit list?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
What makes them clueless idiots? Is it because they have a different opinion to you?

No, it's because they spend the entire match moaning EVERY time the ball gets passed backwards, EVERY time Greer or Lopez do anything, even if it's something positive. They seem to think that the only way to defend is to go in for a hard tackle and just holding up the player doesn't count as defending. The woman is the worst, she moans and moans all the time and then when we do something good or even score a goal she goes silent!

I happily agree with them occasionally when our players do something really stupid.

Seagulls56

Oct 20, 2013
When a player is scared of making tackles think people have the right to moan I don't agree with people booing him at all but he needs to man up and start making tackles

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I've never heard booing for any specific player from around the ground ... apart from the odd whanchor.

It wasn't booing but the collective gasp when Barnes stepped up to take that penalty that ended his long goal drought earlier this year was a bit rough. Had he missed it I am certain he would have got booed.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It wasn't booing but the collective gasp when Barnes stepped up to take that penalty that ended his long goal drought earlier this year was a bit rough. Had he missed it I am certain he would have got booed.

Yes, I think you're right, he would have got booed had he missed. I think Ashley was very well aware that the fans were frustrated with him for not scoring enough previously and showed immense balls to step up and take it. For me, I was shaking my head when he stepped up to take it, fearing the worst, but I doubt I'd have booed if he had missed. I'd have been too busy facepalming myself to get any noise out. That, and I honestly don't think I've ever booed any Albion player - even if they've probably deserved it.

Back to the original question. While I think that Greer, JFC and Bruno are decent shouts for being next season's SD, I'll add Leo into the mix - he's been getting a bit of stick about going down too easily/looking for free kicks recently. Fans really don't like players who don't man up. That's if he stays, of course, which I honestly don't think he will if we don't go up.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Bruno was my m.o.m. yesterday.

A couple of neutral mates of mine had him as our best player. I wouldn't go that far but I thought he was one of our better players. He's been a pretty bright spot in the second half of the season.

I'm not a neutral, but on Saturday I'd agree with your mates and say I thought he was the stand out player on the park for me from either side.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Bruno - gets slated far too much and he didnt actually have a bad game yesterday.

He is the ultimate "marmite" player... he had a dreadful first half, then a stunning second half. If that doesn't split opinion I don't know what will! My son and I argued all the way home because he judged Bruno on the second half and I judged him on the first!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here