Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Eagles attack Seagulls

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sorry mate but you seem to have something jammed up your arse .......oh sorry , it's your head......never mind ....!!! prize cock you are...:wanker:

Alan P

Bouncy
Oct 17, 2010
This descibes Croydon nicely

In 1276 the archbishop acquired a charter for a weekly market, and this probably marks the foundation of Croydon as an urban centre. Croydon developed into one of the main market towns of northeast Surrey. The market place was laid out on the higher ground to the east of the manor house in the triangle now bounded by High Street, Surrey Street and Crown Hill. By the 16th century the manor house had become a substantial palace used as the main summer home of the archbishops, visited by monarchs and other dignitaries. The original palace was sold in 1781, by then dilapidated and surrounded by slums and stagnant ponds, and a new residence, nearby at Addington, purchased in its place. Many of the buildings of the original Croydon Palace survive, and are in use today as Old Palace School.

The final part sounds like it is describing Selhurst and the surrounding estates.

Must go now, got something much better to do.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Palace will always have a better atmosphere at matches than Brighton as ours are real fans and not just jumping on a band-wagon because of a new stadium.
You're deluded. You comment on what our atmosphere is like when you haven't even been to see a competitive game here. I've been to your place, and the atmosphere at the Amex is better. And most of the extra fans going this year have previously owned season tickets (like me), but have been less in the last couple of years due to having kids or living away from the area etc. We have been Brighton fans for decades, and only now have a ground big enough to fit us in. You, on the other hand, have a big, unfilled ground - hardly conducive to a great atmosphere.
I do believe that Brighton became the Seagulls after we became the Eagles back in the 70s.
Yes, it started as a piss take to your daft nickname. Do you not realise how stupid it is just to think of a powerful bird of pray and think how cool that would be as your name? It's all a bit ice hockey. Oo, oo, we could be called the panthas, 'cos a pantha would beat an eagle in a fight.

I can imagine the 15 year olds that came up with your nickname during a game of top trumps.

"Kayla" our mascot can be seen flying at the "Eagle Heights Wildlife Park" when she is not soaring around Selhurst Park on matchdays entertaining the crowd and yes she is a real eagle.
:lolol: Crystal Palace is practically America is it? Let's see - Eagle Heights, in Kent, opened in 1996. And that's your justification for coming up with a shit nickname? Joke excuse for a joke club.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You're deluded. You comment on what our atmosphere is like when you haven't even been to see a competitive game here. I've been to your place, and the atmosphere at the Amex is better. And most of the extra fans going this year have previously owned season tickets (like me), but have been less in the last couple of years due to having kids or living away from the area etc. We have been Brighton fans for decades, and only now have a ground big enough to fit us in. You, on the other hand, have a big, unfilled ground - hardly conducive to a great atmosphere.
Yes, it started as a piss take to your daft nickname. Do you not realise how stupid it is just to think of a powerful bird of pray and think how cool that would be as your name? It's all a bit ice hockey. Oo, oo, we could be called the panthas, 'cos a pantha would beat an eagle in a fight.

I can imagine the 15 year olds that came up with your nickname during a game of top trumps.

:lolol: Crystal Palace is practically America is it? Let's see - Eagle Heights, in Kent, opened in 1996. And that's your justification for coming up with a shit nickname? Joke excuse for a joke club.
hd eagle lets just ban the fucker , he is utterly boring and probably wearing his sisters undies and his mummies headscarf and lippy.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
"Kayla" our mascot can be seen flying at the "Eagle Heights Wildlife Park" when she is not soaring around Selhurst Park on matchdays entertaining the crowd and yes she is a real eagle.
Palace have the "Crystals" what is the Brighton equivalent ?
That's what it's like at real clubs, not plastic at all, no siree.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What do you call a Palace fan with a brain ? Retarded.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Better atmosphere ? f*** me did you see all those empty seats at your gaff mid week..... Jokers in decline face it

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
We asked the other clubs before adopting the song as one of our own.

Since then many clubs have started singing it, badly I might add.

HF05

Have a word with yourself will you, then have a good long think about what a fucknugget you are being mate. Then maybe you can try and behave yourself, we are currently better than you in every department and you really need to get used to it fella. You're like the jealous little brother :wave:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
If Carlsberg did SE25, it would probably be the most boring twat this board has ever seen.

hey blue remember as a kid when you got something and the kid down the road had to get it too but mummy wouldnt get it, so the kid bitches and causes a tantrum. that's what it's like living with palace methinks.

Frodo

Mar 19, 2012
This reminds me about a case back home:
Eagels, that used to live in harmony with seagulls, had suddenly began to pray on their former "friends". By investigation, scientists could confirm that this had to do with the fact that a type of fish, usualy prayed upon by both birds had become scarser.

Seems logical when you think of it!?
But the same investigation also showed that this change in behaviour acctually strengthen the position of the eagels in this environment. The question then becomes: Why didn't the eagels do this in the first place?

This observation of cooporation vs competition between spiecis in nature, weekens the evolutionary teory of Darwin that puts emphasis on the 'competative stuggle' between spiecis as the leading factor in evolution. This favours a lesser known teory called "mutual aid", written by Peter Kropotkin.

From Wikipedia:
'In his book Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution, Kropotkin explored the widespread use of cooperation as a survival mechanism in human societies through their many stages, and animals. He used many real life examples in an attempt to show that the main factor in facilitating evolution is cooperation between individuals in free-associated societies and groups, without central control, authority or compulsion. This was in order to counteract the conception of fierce competition as the core of evolution, that provided a rationalization for the dominant political, economic and social theories of the time; and the prevalent interpretations of Darwinism.'

As a remark, I would just like to quote one of the most hated statements of our time:

"Competition is a sin." -James D. Rockefeller

---

Or, where you guys just talking about fotball? ;-)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
This reminds me about a case back home:
Eagels, that used to live in harmony with seagulls, had suddenly began to pray on their former "friends". By investigation, scientists could confirm that this had to do with the fact that a type of fish, usualy prayed upon by both birds had become scarser.

Seems logical when you think of it!?
But the same investigation also showed that this change in behaviour acctually strengthen the position of the eagels in this environment. The question then becomes: Why didn't the eagels do this in the first place?

This observation of cooporation vs competition between spiecis in nature, weekens the evolutionary teory of Darwin that puts emphasis on the 'competative stuggle' between spiecis as the leading factor in evolution. This favours a lesser known teory called "mutual aid", written by Peter Kropotkin.

I'm sorry I never do this (except now) and it is terribly pedantic of me and there could be circumstances behind it, however this is an epic first post fail!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Have a word with yourself will you, then have a good long think about what a fucknugget you are being mate. Then maybe you can try and behave yourself, we are currently better than you in every department and you really need to get used to it fella. You're like the jealous little brother :wave:

He he wot is a fucknugget? Something Colonel Sanders does well selling in BN2?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What do you call an Albion fan...
I see you were being offensive in response to someone else who's been offensive. Neither is appropriate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here