Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you think Bloom would pull the trigger?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
on the subject of crowd support is it normal for us to sing about Coppells sexual health?

Yes. But he's probably got it sorted by now. Doesn't take that long to clear up...apparently.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You've lost the plot...advance thinking by the club in building hotel and car parks...FFP will leave a lot of clubs in trouble...at least we are preparing for it...you like many today will not wait for success...you want it now...you'd rather we spend millions on players and wages and the slightest slip up and we are in deep poo poo...just where did buying players,Robinson,Gordon Smith get us...almost into administration...we've been there,done that...not again please.

Could you post more often please. There are too many posters on here (posting too many posts) that just don't seem to understand how a financially sustainable football club works.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't forget we're the poshest and most minted fans in the whole football league.

Forgot about that. Can't we just have a right tear up on sat'day aftnoons though squire? Become more noisey for 90mins like? Import some Geordies, St Pauli etc?

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
blimey, there must be some history between you guys to warrant the abuse you throw at each other..lol

FWIW I think the oddest appointment was Nathan jones after Garcia and the boys were brought in. Not sure what he brings to the party other than he can speak the lingo. hes the one barking out the orders and TBH im not sure the players listen to him one bit.

im sure someone will enlighten me.

Especially if you were a Brighton fan on the terraces the last couple of times we played Yeovil!!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Can someone please explain how sacking the manager will stop our players from missing sitters?

v Yeovil 16 shots, 2 on target.
v Forest 21 shots, 3 on target.
v Sheff Wed, 14 shots, 4 on target
v Ipswich, 7 shots, 0 on target.

Or is it because the manager "does not understand the championship" and deliberately tells them to miss? Dastardly johnny foreigners - they just don't get it. :rolleyes:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can someone please explain how sacking the manager will stop our players from missing sitters?

v Yeovil 16 shots, 2 on target.
v Forest 21 shots, 3 on target.
v Sheff Wed, 14 shots, 4 on target
v Ipswich, 7 shots, 0 on target.

Or is it because the manager "does not understand the championship" and deliberately tells them to miss? Dastardly johnny foreigners - they just don't get it. :rolleyes:
And the stats were same autumn 2012 & 11. We've been goal shy for large chunks of season for years now

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He's rarely mentioned and I very much doubt OG said "OK I'll take the job but I want Jones as my assistant" Injuries aside, this looks to be an odd combo

As for OP, I think it's a reasonable question. OG has got time because of injuries. Who knows if he can win games with 2/3/4 back?

I think an employee who has experience in the English game is vital. He appears to be well respected, he's played at a decent level. He can speak Spanish and he seems to be a very decent fellow (ignoring the goading when playing against us).

It's probably been a steep learning curve, but all promotions tend to be.

We would not be questioning the appointments if we had a clean bill of health, as I am certain that we would be swimming along nicely.

Incidentally, I've noticed that a fair few sides above us have some very decent youth players who have been blooded. We don't really have any stand out youth players. Our time will come on that front.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We would not be questioning the appointments if we had a clean bill of health, as I am certain that we would be swimming along nicely.

For me that's the unknown .. we've not had a clean bill of health with these appointments so it's largely assumptive. I hope you're right, we recover and get back to where we really should be

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Fair plays. You must be WELL brainy with your talk of hotels in the middle of nowhere at the expense of a well-funded football team. GO Hotel empire! :cheery:

Not claiming to be well brainy, but I think you are being short sighted to the fact that there is the possibility of Tony building a small empire. I guess you are not against the additional parking that will also come as you dont seem to mention this? Or what about the academy, I assume its ok to spend on this? As for the talk of a water park, that just says it all, not really the best counter argument.

Obviously we share different opinions on the long term view. But I can totally see the relevance of these plans to the future of the club. View some of the larger premiership models and footprints.

As someone has already stated, the club would have the hotels for conferences, concerts, potential players, media, prospective students/parents etc etc

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not much Oscar can do when dealing with so many injuries and inability to put the same team out on the pitch regularly to get some consistency going.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
I am very much more disappointed with the mindless nonsense that the bottleless whingers have posted in this thread, than I am the recent results. Fine weather supporters who needs them ? All you guys that can't come to terms with the teams injury list and understand that we are almost needing to field a reserve midfield and frontline at the moment should be ashamed to call yourself supporters. Bunch of ungrateful :wanker::wanker::wanker:'s

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The one thing Brighton is not short of is hotels. It's a small town where you can walk from anywhere to anywhere else in about ten minutes. Only us football fans have to submit to an hour's queue for a beery eight minute ride back into town from Falmer.it's the single most rubbish aspect of the whole new stadium thing. Most Brighton visitors come for weekends, Most BHAFC games (just about) take place at weekends. Why on earth would a hotel guest want to stay there? It's shit enough trying to get back into town as it is.

Rubbish.

Brighton has been short of hotels for years, which is why one has just been finished, and another being built right now.

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Does TB have the £ to sack him even if he wanted to? He did forcibly remove Poyet to save paying for compensation. Suggest we are with Oscar for the long haul, and I'm not convinced that he's a good manager for the Championship. Which is a shame because I'm sure he's a very decent person with a lot of good ideas that might take time he doesn't have to bear fruit.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Rubbish.

Brighton has been short of hotels for years, which is why one has just been finished, and another being built right now.

But it wont be in Brighton will it?.Hardly a short hop from the beach.Everything about this place is geared up for the prem apart from the team.That is the entire point of this thread.Without the big bucks the hotel, training ground etc is big white elephant.Relegation would be catastrophic for this club atm.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes, lets turn into Chelsea or Blackburn and sack our manager every time we get a bad patch :facepalm:

This ALWAYS comes up when we start playing badly. At least TB has patience and common sense unlike a small minority of idiots wanting instant success in our fanbase.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here