Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do you become good enough?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Elphick, Barry and a couple of others come to mind that we let slip through our fingers. However, being in the higher echelons of pro football and having the best facilities makes me think we'll keep them now, in a Southampton type way (what we should aspire too).

They were both sold. I doubt very much the club has any intention of selling Walton.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
i

This is Gianluigi Donnarumma, AC MIlan's first choice goalkeeper from the age of 17. He's already made more than 50 appearances, I'm fairly sure he played every Serie A game this season and has 3 caps for Italy already. The man is enormous and is essentially the re-birth of Buffon, but he didn't have any loans anywhere. He was thrust in, and he's been superb for them and already has a reputation for saving penalties more often than he concedes.

There's a lot of talk of him coming to the Premier League in the summer, he's a superb keeper. I'm not saying Walton necessarily is the same standard, but at some point younger players have to play and although I'd loan him out to the Championship for a season, there's nothing stopping us playing him this season if we think he's good enough.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I don't think that a rookie team in the Premierthingy needs a rookie keeper.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We can re-nominate the 25 man squad in January.

Send Walton out on a half season loan until then, and make a decision at that point whether to include him in the 25, or extend the loan.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Man City are about to pay £45m for Benfica's 23 year old keeper!

I wonder if are being too protective of young Walton?

I have to agree with this, over protective, seriously defensive actually. Show some balls Albion, give the lad a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here