Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When do we find out who has been released and who has been transfer listed?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
See thread title for further details.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
well the only 2 people who can be released (because of end of contract) is navarro and vicente and the club doesnt have to list a statement saying whos on transfer list and who isnt but im sure most epople can guess atleast 5 or 6 who would be on it.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Navs not offered new contract at this time according to his tweet 10 mins ago

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought Barnes was out of contract too? Or does he have 1 season left?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I thought Barnes was out of contract too? Or does he have 1 season left?

There was a load of unannounced contract extensions earlier in the season. Everyone has at least one more year except Vicente :down: and Navarro.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would imagine 5 or 6 will be leaving on free transfers. Just to free up the wages. Sparrow, Painter, Harley(although we will probably be stuck with him), Brezovan or Ankergren will be among them I would have thought.

Last edited:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I think that our retained list that is due soon will be very interesting and will cause some comments.

Well yes, people will comment about them, obviously

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
but they are under contract and can choose to fight for a place or sit in the dev squad and pick up their 4k (approx) a week.

Correct they can. Or they can be given a free transfer. Which means they can pocket any signing on fee if they can get a deal elsewhere. Of course they can stay and pick up their wages and some might well do that. But if it's made clear that they are not in the clubs plans. Then what would you do?...Depending just how much they are on of course.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I would imagine 5 or 6 will be leaving on free transfers. Just to free up the wages. Sparrow, Painter, Harley(although we will probably be stuck with him), Brezovan or Ankergren will be among them I would have thought.

Why would we extend their contracts then just give them go for free a few months later? I think 5 or 6 go but they will all go for a fee even if a small amount.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Of course the question should be asked, if we are stuck with half a dozen players who are surplus to requierments because they are not deemed good enough. Why were they given such long contracts in the first place. I thought one year deals were pretty standard these days for average players, for the very reason that you don't get lumbered with them when it doesn't work out.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why would we extend their contracts then just give them go for free a few months later? I think 5 or 6 go but they will all go for a fee even if a small amount.

Why indeed??..Would appear to be a very stupid and poorly thought out situation doesn't it. Wonder how long we are stuck with Harley for, on good knows how much a week?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
There was a load of unannounced contract extensions earlier in the season. Everyone has at least one more year except Vicente :down: and Navarro.

I doubt this has happened, at what stage in the season would anybody have offered a contract extension to any of our goalkeepers and not to Navarro? And if this had happened then why not announce it like the Noone extension

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
When we will find out that Ankergren, Dicker & Painter have departed?

I have to be fair but honest, you can add Sparrow, Harley, Navaro, Poke, Noone, Barnes, Hoskins, Reyes and Vokes to that list. Harsh yes, fair yes. We will never progress unless we take out the old and bring in the new. Sign Assulin at all costs, he is going to be amazing. New keeper, a decent partner for CMS and a Patrick Viera plus support. Easy huh?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I have to be fair but honest, you can add Sparrow, Harley, Navaro, Poke, Noone, Barnes, Hoskins, Reyes and Vokes to that list. Harsh yes, fair yes. We will never progress unless we take out the old and bring in the new. Sign Assulin at all costs, he is going to be amazing. New keeper, a decent partner for CMS and a Patrick Viera plus support. Easy huh?
2 of those players are only on loan. Barnes and Noone aren't going anywhere, they are very good options in the championship

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here