Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] When did you last see a hedgehog?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I had never seen one till ok moved from Brighton to Lewes last year. I've now seen a live one 6-7 times including a family of them in the front garden one night. Meaty jelly cat food is supposed to be good for them, not fishy cat food and no not milk and bread

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not sure my youngest kid has ever even seen a live hedgehog in the wild.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
A few weeks ago in our utility room. I think one of the dogs managed to bring it in. I rescued it and the next day it was back in the garden. The dog tried again and this time came back with a nose full of spines. Hedgehog toddled off none the worse for the experience. It's been back a few more times and not been troubled.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last year at the British Wildlife Park at Lingfield. It's a great place to visit with the kids.

For some reason it won't let me upload the photo I took.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
See them regularly up here - swerved to avoid one on the road this morning at 4:30. Sadly, I see more dead than alive but have seen several wandering around the village at night. Quite a lot of red squirrels around Weardale too.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
3 live sitings in last couple of years, one in my compost heap over winter, one hiding behind my BBQ and saw one scurrying across the drive on Ring camera footage. Do get quite excited when I see little poos in the garden, which are hopefully hedgehogs. Not seen any dead ones for ages.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Rubbish .....there are many species of gull. Herring Gull, Black headed Gull, Common Gull to name the most common.

I think what he was referring to, is that the commonly named seagull, the main species we see at our coastal towns is a Herring Gull, not that there aren't other species of gull.

big hilda

Feb 13, 2013
IMG_1349.JPG

My little’un

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hedgehogs are at risk of extinction within the next ten years. ... Hedgehogs used to be a common sight in gardens up and down the country, but now sightings are few and far between. This is due to a serious decline in population, which is leaving these prickly creatures on the brink of extinction.13 Jun 2018

Last year at the British Wildlife Park at Lingfield. It's a great place to visit with the kids.

For some reason it won't let me upload the photo I took.

Seconded, fascinating place for adults as well. They even have a genuine Black Adder.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
There was often one mooching peacefully around the opposition penalty box at the Amex, during some of the Chris Hughton games.

Boom boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bless, did you rescue him/her. Apparently hedgehogs are the gardeners friend as they eat slugs.

When I were a lad we had one regularly visiting and leaving deposits. We also had a rat problem so late dad (a country boy) set a cage trap for the them. No rats but several mornings running we found the local hedgehog in it looking puzzled and wanting to be let out. It eventually got the idea and avoided the trap.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Saw one in the garden about a month ago.
It's about this time of year they hibernate, so unlikely to see them anyway til the spring.

Does anyone remember Robin Drury [RIP] from Haywards Heath, used to race motorbikes with him in the 80's, he loved 'em and had murals of them on his bike & crash-helmet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here