Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] When did you last have marmalade?

Marmalade?

• I've never tried it, but I might now, just to be part of the fun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
duerr_b.jpg

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Put "Occasionally" as its fairly rare to find good Marmalade here in Texas that doesn't cost a fortune.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Put "Occasionally" as its fairly rare to find good Marmalade here in Texas that doesn't cost a fortune.

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drin...f-texas-is-ready-for-their-jelly-and-pickles/

There is an interesting article here about the Texas State Fair, which appears to be the Mecca for marmalade and pickle enthusiasts in the Southern US.

Sadly, it has been somewhat hijacked by the new kids on the block, like carrots and even - believe it or not - canned corn. The likes of Rebecca Gaskin should stick to her wild plum jelly and stop damaging the reputation of this festival of fruit.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drin...f-texas-is-ready-for-their-jelly-and-pickles/

There is an interesting article here about the Texas State Fair, which appears to be the Mecca for marmalade and pickle enthusiasts in the Southern US.

Sadly, it has been somewhat hijacked by the new kids on the block, like carrots and even - believe it or not - canned corn. The likes of Rebecca Gaskin should stick to her wild plum jelly and stop damaging the reputation of this festival of fruit.

Thanks for that. I might investigate something more local as Dallas is a bit far for a jar!

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Usually have a jar on the go in the fridge. Don't have it all that often though - a jar probably does me for about 6 months.

Thick cut, of course. Anything else is for wusses!

This. Prefer cereal for breakfast (Aldi do a wonderful Honey Nut Cornflakes at 89p) with cold real blue top milk.
But toast and marmalade as a mid day snack would be perfect. Of course, B&B it has to be the lot, juice, coffee, toast, marmalade and a full English. Get ya moneys worth!
Travelodge grab the jar into the bag.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I am very partial to Mymoune 3 Citrus Marmalade from Lebanon - Bitter oranges, Navel Oranges and lemon.

Indeed, there is a local company called Lebanese Fine Foods and Wines that imports superb authentic stuff from that country and their jams are all excellent, especially the strawberry and the fig jam, which goes beautifully with cheese (especially Manchego).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Never understood Bagels, a flavourless, stale ring doughnut.

I wouldn’t suggest you eat a stale bagel or stale bread of any sort .good quality bagels are delicious but no don’t buy them pre packed in a supermarket. They need to be fresh from a bakery of course .

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Never understood Bagels, a flavourless, stale ring doughnut.

Maybe the stale, mass produced knock offs you get in the UK but a fresh bagel with salmon, cream cheese, onions and tomato from a Jewish delicatessen in New York is amazing

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Maybe the stale, mass produced knock offs you get in the UK but a fresh bagel with salmon, cream cheese, onions and tomato from a Jewish delicatessen in New York is amazing

Its a bit Chalk and Cheese really, do these Jewish deli's do a decent bacon sarnie if you don't fancy a bagel ?

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
This is very bizarre. I have now had three seperate marmalade related incidences in one day.

No.1. This morning my daughter's boyfriend revealed that he had never eaten marmalade despite liking orange flavoured products (Club chocolate biscuits, Jaffa Cakes etc). This revelation prompted me to buy a jar for him to try, the first I've bought in about a year.

No. 2. After the marmalade discussion and subsequent purchase I opened NSC and saw this thread and thought "that's a coincidence" but was too busy to post a reply.

No.3. Just now I was driving in the car listening to Radio 5 when they started to discuss Marmalade.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I'm more of an apricot jam sort of man, I did have to throw away a forgotten jar of whisky marmalade from the fridge the other day though

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here