Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did it dawn on you that one day you'd die, and were you 'bovvered'?

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
I read somewhere that 'a man doesn't think about his death until he's 33 and then he thinks about it every day'.

Time to stop reading I reckon.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Only our physical body dies. We are EVERYTHING!

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
― Bill Hicks

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley
A classmate of mine died of a brain haemorrhage at the age of 11, had a hugely depressing effect on me, was convinced the same thing was going to happen to me.
Anyway, like Woody Allen said, 'I don't mind dying, I just don't want to be there when it happens'.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Im immortal so i don't count in this thread !!

There can be only one Phat Baz !!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The year I've had so far I hope it happens soon.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
That shit is real !

Like that video and the stuff you posted the other nut when presumed you were on the trips ?

Which video do you mean? I posted quite a few!

If you mean this realisation has more clarity when you are 'tripping', then yes it does - very much so!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think it was because i never really grasped the concept of religion or the afterlife, it just made no sense to me and i always knew that after death, there was absolutely nothing - it still scares me now if im brutally honest - i still get that cold lifeless feeling whenever i start to think about the abyss of death. .

I got exactly the same thing at that age and even younger. It was awful trying to come to terms with the inevitably of death and thinking about it just terrified me. I think on the whole though it has made me stronger as a person and although I still get that lifeless feeling sometimes I have learnt to really value life and living it.

Jimmy boy 69

Nov 24, 2012
Brighton
Only our physical body dies. We are EVERYTHING!

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather.”
― Bill Hicks

Wont go into any detail but 100 per cent agreed

Albion Rob

I think I finally accepted it when I was 22 and was diagnosed with diabetes. It hit me that I'm not immortal and I will die and that barring something dramatic I won't be particularly old. Up until that point I thought I was pretty much bulletproof. Life, eh?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I remember it well. I was a teenager, lying in bed, and started thinking about the billions of years that came before and would come after - my four score and ten. Suddenly it was if the whole world had imploded. Looking for some kind, any kind, of comfort, I got up and went and found one of those pocket sized red Gideon Bibles they used to hand out, that directed you to passages of the Bible if you're having problems with various things. I even got religion for quite a few years, as it seemed as if that was the only alternative to the abyss.

I finally realised that there was no supreme being listening to my prayers or there to help, religion makes no sense and grew up enough to come to terms with my mortality.

Good thread.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well,with the countless looking up all number of my ailments last year on the internet i virtually pronounced myself dead every weekend last summer,i had it all,cancer,blood clots,brain tumors you name it.

Anyway it was only during a visit to the hospital last year that i had an ECG scan for a suspect heart attack,that things dawned on me that i actually may die that very evening..

After they done the test,they put a bracelet name tag on my wrist with my name and date on? wtf i thought,they are keeping me in,this is serious.

That's it i thought,i am going to go into theater to have a heart transplant,but what if they sedate me and i am still conscious? i would be paralyzed but able to feel all pain and unable to tell the doctors.

You may be reading this and thinking i am crazy but i had only every been in hospital twice ever,both routine events.
The doctors all told me it's stress and i have nothing wrong with me.

For the record the only thing that bothered me was the fee for my ca in the car park? selfish or what

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Never really gave it a serious rhought but having made it - somewhat surprisingly - past 60 I did pause to reflect on the potential imminency of my passing and determined that as long as (hopefully at least) it wasnt mid season then I'm not too bothered :thumbsup:

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
My brother was killed when I was four so I had to deal with it fairly quickly. However as a kid I still struggled with the concept of death, even when animals died. When I was seven I was holding a woodlouse and a girl came along and squashed it on purpose - I ran to the toilets and locked myself in for hours crying! To be honest I probably waste too much time thinking about death; there's a big old world out there to explore with lots of interesting people to meet. My one fear is lying on my death bed thinking about my regrets. The solution to that is is to ensure you don't have any.

By the way, after such a s**t week, did the OP think this was a good time to start such a thread....?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
That statement , live every day like its your last.

No one does that do they , just a saying.

If true you certainly would f k off the 9 - 5 job etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here