Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When can we start the new Sherlock thread?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm a little concerned by a line in the trailer that goes something like "I don't want to know how you faked your death, I want to know why you did it", as it sounds like it might just be brushed over, which would be a disappointment given all the wild theories going around.

Well, do I get points for predicting we don't get a definitive explanation for how he faked his death, or does that they gave so many false explanations count?

I liked it, generally.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the new Mrs Watson is a villain. Possibly Moriarty's sister or something like that.

Subtle clue in tonight's episode. Not only did Sherlock clock her expression when her guard dropped slightly with the baby news but they made a point of saying she had no family left and one shot framed her to look like she had devil horns.

Probably worth doing a bit of research regarding Dr Watson's wife as per the Conan Doyle originals. I won't do spoilers but a quick look on Wikipedia is interesting and shows her "back story", much of which seems consistent with the episode tonight. And there is a very appropriate "real life" back story as well!

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Once again, another brilliant sherlock episode. Faith in the BBC prime time slot restored again (except the bbc 3 shiite)

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I was sat watching the TV with my dad when I asked him "Who's Sherlock's assistant?".
"Watson."
"Who's Sherlock's assistant?"

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Probably worth doing a bit of research regarding Dr Watson's wife as per the Conan Doyle originals. I won't do spoilers but a quick look on Wikipedia is interesting and shows her "back story", much of which seems consistent with the episode tonight. And there is a very appropriate "real life" back story as well!

Just had a little research as don't know much about back story etc. Thanks for the tip.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Another nice nod to the Conan Doyle original with the appearance of Major Sholto ... and a clever episode title too

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
it was great stuff tonight and extremely funny in parts

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hmm. It's entertaining but this series has lost it's way a bit. Both episodes so far have been a bit all over the shop. Worrying that they only have one more episode to get it back on track. Also, Cumberbatch is hamming it up a bit too much this time round. Enjoyable enough though.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed by last nights episode, it didn't seem to flow very well and kept flicking from one thing to another. Don't get me wrong, it's still MILES better than anything else on TV at the moment but I don't think it's as good as the last series.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I thought last night's episode was one of the funniest things I've seen in some time. Very good.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hmm. It's entertaining but this series has lost it's way a bit. Both episodes so far have been a bit all over the shop. Worrying that they only have one more episode to get it back on track. Also, Cumberbatch is hamming it up a bit too much this time round. Enjoyable enough though.

I have to say I was slightly underwhelmed by last nights episode, it didn't seem to flow very well and kept flicking from one thing to another. Don't get me wrong, it's still MILES better than anything else on TV at the moment but I don't think it's as good as the last series.

Largely agree with these two. I'll still watch the last episode but last night tried to be too clever for it's own good.

Mind you, the BEST thing on television is actually series two of THE BRIDGE, 9pm on BBC4, not Sherlock.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Largely agree with these two. I'll still watch the last episode but last night tried to be too clever for it's own good.

Mind you, the BEST thing on television is actually series two of THE BRIDGE, 9pm on BBC4, not Sherlock.

I think I need to get on board the Scandinavian drama bus.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Just looking at this. Do I go with the American version or start off with the original Scandinavian one? (Then if people talk about it I can go oh ya but the original subtitled one is so much better than the crude souless USA version)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think I need to get on board the Scandinavian drama bus.

Just looking at this. Do I go with the American version or start off with the original Scandinavian one? (Then if people talk about it I can go oh ya but the original subtitled one is so much better than the crude souless USA version)

I didn't know there was an American version but my gut instinct is usually to steer well clear of American remakes. The first Scandi series was tremendous. The second series started on Saturday with a double episode and is excellent so far as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You appear to be strangely attracted to social misfits with no sense of empathy for the human condition?

Is this what Reigate has done to you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here