Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Americans try a British breakfast for the first time..

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
On my first trip to the 'States, I ordered blueberry waffles for breakfast at a diner.

They were around 6 inches diameter, stacked 8 inches tall, and arrived on a huge plate with crispy bacon, and something called "link" sausages... and a pot of maple syrup.

Americans have no right to criticize anyone elses breakfasts!

Had similar last year - pancakes instead of waffles - but with steak on the side-----lovely!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In fairness on my two visits to the US I have enjoyed their take on it - mapel syrup and pancakes - as well.
I love a nice pancake with maple syrup too. It was just the reasoning of a couple of dimwits I was against.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I remember when Dennys had a marketing gimmick of putting a countdown timer on your table when they took the order, if it ran out before you were served the Breakfast was free

Since living in the States I have become quite partial to grits at Breakfast

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Ben & Jerrys no longer make The Full Vermonty! IMO the best maple syrup ice cream I have tasted. I just didn't eat enough obviously:moo:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's rather odd that most of them formulate an opinion almost immediately after nibbling a little of the first thing on the plate, the magic of a Full English is chasing a bacon round the plate and getting it in the egg than add a slice of sausage to your fork then dunk in the tom sauce/HP sauce. Would be better to have had a verdict after eating all of it rather than rating items individually. Harumphh.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
French toast with syrup for breakfast :ohmy:

When I was in New Orleans years ago I ordered French Toast on the wife's advise, so they turn up with this toast and white stuff all over it and a side order of syrup.... The wife is laughing at me as I stare at it in disgust..... The waitress asks what's wrong, the wife explained I was English and I then informed her 1: we call it eggy bread 2: we don't have syrup or white sprinkly stuff all over it 3: we have it with Tomato Ketchup.... After laughing about it she took it back, and came back five minutes later with eggy bread and bottle of Ketchup.... And the chef came out to watch me eat it in disbelief....

Eggy bread....

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly, we're not Americans. This is more like the traditional English Breakfast:

Kellogg-s-blaze-sparked-by-jammed-Corn-Flakes.jpg

Corn flakes are Murican.

:ffsparr:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_flakes

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I remember when Dennys had a marketing gimmick of putting a countdown timer on your table when they took the order, if it ran out before you were served the Breakfast was free

Since living in the States I have become quite partial to grits at Breakfast
Dennys breakfast takes some beating

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We had bit of an incident when a Canadian tried some English mustard. Nearly had to call an ambulance!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely this is what everyone has for breakfast in the UK?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 151

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I take it the croissant and coffee are optional?

Compulsory. Caffeine and correct opinion are a heady morning mix.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here