Who's harder?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think you misunderstand what people's champion means. It's well known that he would've won the WHC twice by now if it was up to the people and not voter fraud.

Do you know what you sound like, Mello?

A bloody LEEDS fan.

Champions of Europe, my arse.

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
There is nothing in this thread, bar the opening post, giving any credibility to the Hippo at all.

It's all just a load of Badger-bashing. Giving no reasons whatsoever as to why the Badger isn't hard, or indeed why the Hippo should win this battle.

The Hippo could pretty much be replaced with a stick insect here and the score wouldn't be that far different (see 2nd Round where a SEAGULL managed 37 votes).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hippo. I like the badger but it reminds me of the black and white ones that regularly stupidly run under cars without any fight at all.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Until the cheats can be bothered to cheat, agreed.

Indeed - they'll emerge in force in the next round to blunt the people's champion from making further progress in favour of a moth or some equally as absurd creature.

Jan 29, 2015
I'm only an occasional visitor to NSC, so please forgive my ignorance, but what is all this "cheating" stuff referred to in this thread? One person, one vote, isn't it?

By the way, has anyone seen this video? Apparently, the badger's claws are "...used mostly for digging..." :lolol:

Note too the protective clothing worn by the terrified human - a t-shirt and shorts.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm only an occasional visitor to NSC, so please forgive my ignorance, but what is all this "cheating" stuff referred to in this thread? One person, one vote, isn't it?

By the way, has anyone seen this video? Apparently, the badger's claws are "...used mostly for digging..." :lolol:

Note too the protective clothing worn by the terrified human - a t-shirt and shorts.

Ahhhhhhh - they begin to emerge from their Calibanesqe subterranean chambers!!

not the badger

Jan 8, 2016

I was undecided about which animal to vote for until seeing this. I can't possibly vote for an animal that enjoys being cuddled.

My friends need to know about this impending travesty in order to prevent it. Thanks for the heads up...

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
For every picture of a 'cuddly' Honey Badger, we could provide a Hippo either being ridden, cuddled, kept as a pet, or indeed staring lovingly into a humans eyes:

hippo-2.jpg

Scary stuff. Look at the protective clothing the human is wearing there, his cap should protect his head from the crushing jaws of that dangerous beast in his natural habitat.

So now, anything to suggest the Hippo is actually hard, or just more Badger bashing?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Oh, NSC, must it always descend into this? We have two mighty fine beasts grappling for a place in the semi finals...lets have some positive news stories about how hard and head mental both beasts are.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Here's an account of someone who supposedly witnessed an actual Honey Badger vs Hippo stand-off. Seems legit going by the 32 pages of blog posts this user has contributed to the website in question:

https://hluhluwegamereserve.com/hippo-honey-badger-stand-off/

A rustle in the bushes and the next moment a Honey Badger appeared on the banks of the Estuary. It would seem that that the Hippo must have seen the Honey Badger earlier and decided for some reason to run out and try and intimidate the Badger. However to the surprise of both the Skipper/Guide and Clients the Honey Badger would not budge. The Hippo made some very loud noises and still the Badger refused to budge, more gestures from the Hippo to retrace his steps back into the bush also failed. This continued for some time and still the Badger refused to move in fact the Badger now slowly progressed forward towards the Hippo. This surely could not be a Badger intimidating a Hippo well the next moment the Hippo turned around and darted back into the water, leaving the Badger closer to the waters edge than before.

The victor was without a doubt the Badger, what caused this all we are still not sure however once again the Honey Badger has proven himself as a determined and unintimidated creature. What an experience for off the Skipper as well. It never ceases to amaze us just when we think we have seen it all we are surprised once again.

I've just read that from something totally unrelated to this, came back to post it.

Can I change my vote?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here