***WHC IX 2nd round: game 1***

Hardest beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've seen Tigers enter the water to have a go at other beasts, sometimes very dangerous beasts. Also acts alone, gives it the billy big bollocks alone as well , unlike the Orca who likes to take his gang everywhere with him.

I've not yet seen the Orca move on to land to dish out a bit of 'ardness.

So with that in mind, the Tiger gets my vote.

Having seen the film 'Blackfish' a couple of times orca shades this one for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ7Af8FDIqI

The orca gladiator (a synonym for the orca) purposely and dangerously beaches itself in order catch prey, fighting its natural instincts to stay in the safety of the water. This technique takes years to master and the orca risks killing itself every time it carries out this technique. HARD.

If you've seen Blackfish you'll know (and will have seen) occasions where Orca's have left the water to kill - sadly humans in the cases shown in that film.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
A cat would not have the intelligence to execute such an operation.

Intelligence isn't hardness. Otherwise humans win every year. Hardness is things like knowing the odds are stacked against you, and still having a go.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Intelligence isn't hardness. Otherwise humans win every year. Hardness is things like knowing the odds are stacked against you, and still having a go.

Are you seriously saying humans have never shown this trait? ???

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Surely it's hard to be ruthless and viciously effective? Can we get a refs opinion here please ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Surely it's hard to be ruthless and viciously effective? Can we get a refs opinion here please ???

No, that is just existing. Hard is aggression in the face of a superior force, a willingness to fight for nothing more than you fancy it, a defence of your personal space even though walking away would be much safer.

Killing effectively is just doing your day job really well.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Hard is aggression in the face of a superior force, a willingness to fight for nothing more than you fancy it, a defence of your personal space even though walking away would be much safer.

Wonderful definition of hard. That's absolutely nailed it in my eyes.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
'Scaredy cat', common usage.

No one ever said 'scaredy killer whale'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here