Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's your Palace record?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I might have misunderstood the assignment.
1000009053.jpg

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Got ejected once, does that count? That match with the penalties. 1985 I think (the year, not the number of penalties)
Don’t remember much about the afternoon but I do clearly remember heading straight to The Park Crescent Pub afterwards, funny how the mind works.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Got ejected once, does that count? That match with the penalties. 1985 I think (the year, not the number of penalties)
Don’t remember much about the afternoon but I do clearly remember heading straight to The Park Crescent Pub afterwards, funny how the mind works.
1988 or 1989 I think and five penalties. I was also there but didn’t get kicked out.

I’ve not kept count but have seen a lot. The weirdest was undoubtedly watching us lose at Withdean on the telly in a Scottish Fish and Chip shop in the middle of Taipei City in Taiwan with a Palace fan, the shop’s owner (a mental Glaswegian Rangers fan) and a crate of Guinness.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I've seen us play them 26 times since 1974, only once away a 1-nil loss in 1986. Went with a friend, his dad, not a football fan drove us up there. He decided to stand near the front whereas we stood in the middle. After the match, walking back to the car, he let out that he was very pleased at the result. We were incredulous, even moreso that it turned out he mixed the teams up and was somehow still alive after cheering on palace the entire match in the middle of 6000 Brighton fans lol!

Of those 26, 14 have been wins and palace has won 5 times. Not so bad I suppose.

Last edited:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I've watch many clashes since my first one opening day of the 1974/75 season.... the most painful being the Amex play off loss... that really hurt.

Most exciting was the away draw on Good Friday 1980... filled the entire Whitehorse Lane end,... great drinkies and shenanigans in and around the pubs near Norwood Junction.... an all round classic 70s 80s footy day out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Snap. I would have accepted 3-0 when we were down to 10 but they got a goal back so it didn't count.
I don't think enough is made of that 3-1. I know the scoreline on its own isn't spectacular, but to do it with only 10 men for over an hour (and 9 men for a short period during which we scored) is something special.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1988 or 1989 I think and five penalties. I was also there but didn’t get kicked out.

I’ve not kept count but have seen a lot. The weirdest was undoubtedly watching us lose at Withdean on the telly in a Scottish Fish and Chip shop in the middle of Taipei City in Taiwan with a Palace fan, the shop’s owner (a mental Glaswegian Rangers fan) and a crate of Guinness.
Good old Kelvin Morton, a ref etched into the memory like Ron Challis!!

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
3 wins 1 loss 3 draws Jcl and proud

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Since I started following the albion (ones I'm confident I attended)

Brighton - 9 (7)
Palace - 10 (5)
draw - 10 (3)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Let me see - W2 L3 I think? Simod cup, 5-0, FFS Murray, FA Cup, Saturday.

GF 7 GA 12 if memory serves

*forgot my first EVER Brighton game in 1974, at a few months old. 1-0 win. So I'm even with them now

W3 L3 GF8 GA12

Last edited:

Thank heavens now evened up on attended games - 6 wins 4 draws 6 losses

EDIT hahaha goals: 20-19!! Bravo Joao :)

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've no idea,but I never saw them win at the Goldstone
You have to go back to 62/63 for their last win there. They lost nearly everything after that. Apart from the Mickey Mouse thingy in 1991

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here