Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's your favourite pre-season friendly match?

Todays match got me thinking about what my favourite pre-season friendly was, and for me without doubt, it has to be Albion 5 Steaua Bucharest 4. Albion went 4 up at half time through a Clive Walker hat-trick and an own goal, all the Albion fans were in heaven 4 up verses a Steaua side who only a couple of years previously had won the European cup. As Steaua had no fans, the biggest cheer of the match so far came when Steaua pulled one back (after bringing their 1st team on for the 2nd half) with an ironic cheer from the Albion fans. Then another goal with a smaller cheer, then another with a few worried faces, than the equalizer a few minutes later and stunned silence in the Goldstone. Then a few minutes from time, up pops Football Genius himself with the Albion winner, and to a huge relieved cheer from the Albion faithful. What a game that was, but my poor heart!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Todays match got me thinking about what my favourite pre-season friendly was, and for me without doubt, it has to be Albion 5 Steaua Bucharest 4. Albion went 4 up at half time through a Clive Walker hat-trick and an own goal, all the Albion fans were in heaven 4 up verses a Steaua side who only a couple of years previously had won the European cup. As Steaua had no fans, the biggest cheer of the match so far came when Steaua pulled one back (after bringing their 1st team on for the 2nd half) with an ironic cheer from the Albion fans. Then another goal with a smaller cheer, then another with a few worried faces, than the equalizer a few minutes later and stunned silence in the Goldstone. Then a few minutes from time, up pops Football Genius himself with the Albion winner, and to a huge relieved cheer from the Albion faithful. What a game that was, but my poor heart!

this and Charlton?the year before

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
The worst was definitely away to Leatherhead in 1996; a 2-1 defeat to a pub team. Unfortunately, it did not turn out to be the worst performance by the albion that season.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Palace Away, about time it was done again!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here