Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] What's your election day schedule?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The NHS is broken from within because people abuse it. The more money that is pumped into it the more money leaks out. It is a problem that is not fixable by any party promises.

The NHS employs thousands of consultants, many of them not needed, but there is no one in government in either party who is qualified to judge to run a health system to dictate to it.

It's a 70 year old system that originally prescribed cod liver oil and aspirin for everything but with so many advances in treatment it cannot keep up with itself.

It needs total rebuild of the system with a cross party and NHS workers influence, not by one party putting plasters on it.

I wouldn't disagree with that but until the change is made the NHS is the only option for a lot of people and it's the best place for any oncology treatment. But it's failing e.g. not enough people to write up MRI scans at Brighton.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I wouldn't disagree with that but until the change is made the NHS is the only option for a lot of people and it's the best place for any oncology treatment. But it's failing e.g. not enough people to write up MRI scans at Brighton.

Hope all goes well with your wife's treatment Wardy. Had my cyber knife treatment at the Royal Marsden this year. Having an MRI scan tomorrow so I will ask about possible delays.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hope all goes well with your wife's treatment Wardy. Had my cyber knife treatment at the Royal Marsden this year. Having an MRI scan tomorrow so I will ask about possible delays.

She has lymphoma and has not responded well to chemo. She is going to have a great treatment called CAR-T she will be the first NHS patient to have it at the Royal Marsden in Sutton, scary but remain optimistic. Her blood cells have to be sent off to the US for modification then put back in. Cutting edge technology but fraught with pitfalls.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

I don't disagree and the whole NHS system needs revision. My only point was that no party is qualified to fix it because politics gets in the way. There is also a certain amount of public abuse on all health and emergency services too which doesn't help.

As I said, I believe that our health, police, fire and other emergency services should be restructured and made efficient under a cross party alliance with the most qualified of NHS workers, and made fit for the 21st century. That is the only way it can improve, not through broken political promises of giving more money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here