Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's wrong with Sky's Kay Burley?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The point she was trying to make and yes crassly,
So you have nominated someone. Are you agreeing with that point? This woman nominated someone to run for the leadership. But having nominated that person, she does not really want him to win. Yes Kay maybe be stupid, but no more stupid then backing someone you don't really want to win. Oh by the way, I am labour and don't think any of the candidates are the way forward.

I have zero interest in politics (but I can't STAND Kay Burley), so I don't really know how these things work. Could it be the case that someone else nominated the person the MP DID want to win, so she nominated this Jeremy dude in order to, as she says, have the widest selection of people in the voting process? I don't see the problem with that :shrug:

As for Burley and her interviewing tactics – horrible. Even managed to slip in an Alan 'Ask a question that is actually a statement' Brazil in there about what Tony Blair and the other Doris said. Terrible and, as another poster said, reminded me of what they try to do with Fox news...

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I have zero interest in politics (but I can't STAND Kay Burley), so I don't really know how these things work. Could it be the case that someone else nominated the person the MP DID want to win, so she nominated this Jeremy dude in order to, as she says, have the widest selection of people in the voting process? I don't see the problem with that :shrug:

As for Burley and her interviewing tactics – horrible. Even managed to slip in an Alan 'Ask a question that is actually a statement' Brazil in there about what Tony Blair and the other Doris said. Terrible and, as another poster said, reminded me of what they try to do with Fox news...

Here is the problem,in life you vote for what you want, not what you don't want.
The problem labour have is that most of the MPs do not support him and if it were just down to the MPs he would not get in. So the first part of the problem is that the MPs themselves are not representative of the Labour Party. Did you vote in the general election? Did you vote for the party/ person you wanted to win? Or did you decide to vote for someone you didn't want to win. My point being most of the MPs do not want this man running the party, these are the very people that are going to have to work with him. So what will happen is that the MPs will spend much of the time undermining him, meanwhile the Tories will be left unchallenged. That's the problem in politics, is that politicians are unprincipled, you should vote for what you believe in.
This women nominated him, yet doesn't want him as party leader. Burley maybe be an idiot, but to excuse the pun the Labour Party have put their Foot in it again.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
That's one small part of the interview, and a matter of opinion. Was she right to interrupt Dawn twice, suggesting her question (do you want him to win) wasn't being answered, when it was? Was it right to ask what the point of putting him forward was, 3 times, when she'd already been told? When Dawn said Andy Burnham had said Jeremy could be in his shadow cabinet, was Kay right to say 'no he didn't', and then completely ignore her cock up when she realised she got it wrong, and just pretend it was Dawn who was wrong by saying 'he said on the telly...' etc. Kay was trying to be Paxman, but made a mess of it.

Burley was more like Paxo, than Paxman.. STUFFED.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
In her defence, I don't imagine for one moment that Kay Burley (or any other presenter) is advised they are to interview anyone without being given instructions on what they are expected to 'tease out' from their target. Some you win some you lose, she lost this one.
Frankly I'm much more interested in who our new striker will be.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Here is the problem,in life you vote for what you want, not what you don't want.
The problem labour have is that most of the MPs do not support him and if it were just down to the MPs he would not get in. So the first part of the problem is that the MPs themselves are not representative of the Labour Party. Did you vote in the general election? Did you vote for the party/ person you wanted to win? Or did you decide to vote for someone you didn't want to win. My point being most of the MPs do not want this man running the party, these are the very people that are going to have to work with him. So what will happen is that the MPs will spend much of the time undermining him, meanwhile the Tories will be left unchallenged. That's the problem in politics, is that politicians are unprincipled, you should vote for what you believe in.
This women nominated him, yet doesn't want him as party leader. Burley maybe be an idiot, but to excuse the pun the Labour Party have put their Foot in it again.

No.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Burley is intensely dislikeable. I hope its just her TV persona for her sake.
This.

I have no idea how someone as thick and dislikeable as Kay Burley retains a job at a major broadcasting company, even at Sky, which is to broadcasting what MacDonalds is to the restaurant trade.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If i was the Sky controller, it would be a case of 'You're getting sacked in the morning'. Dreadful interview.
Sky Controller would not be the job for you, then.

Click bait, raising profile, 'brand recognition', :)shrug:) sound bites.

Don't go confusing the BBC's actual journalism with everybody else's need to for advertising.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
So you have nominated someone. Are you agreeing with that point? This woman nominated someone to run for the leadership. But having nominated that person, she does not really want him to win. Yes Kay maybe be stupid, but no more stupid then backing someone you don't really want to win. Oh by the way, I am labour and don't think any of the candidates are the way forward.
I suspect she nominated him so that all sides of the party were represented in the election so that after the event, and a full debate, nobody could say the winner may not have won if so and so had stood. Clearly she wasn't expecting him to when when she nominated him

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

You only have to watch the opening sequences of "12 angry men" to see the value of this MP's actions. Give him a platform, he may be worth while.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here