Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats up Arry

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I saw the figure of £52 million being each Premier league club's initial share of the TV rights money last season. So assuming it's the same this season, just get the Premier League to fax a kite over to the Football League for that amount, which should just about cover QPR's FFP fine for them :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Does Harry put that cockney accent on for the media?

I doubt he goes round his posh neighbours with, "Awight guv, 'ows yer father, lubba duck"...

He was born in the East End before the local accent got a distinct Bangladeshi influence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was born in the East End before the local accent got a distinct Bangladeshi influence.

He was born in Poplar according to wiki and his dad was a docker in East India Docks unloading the banana boats. Dad used to come into The Connaught at 7.30am everyday straight off the bus from The Green Man, quick Pint Ben Truman and then off to work at 8.00am

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
With more money than they get fined for FFP, so a succesful season, which will get Arry a bonus no doubt.

It's hardly the point they may have received more money than they'll get fined, it means when they've paid the fine how are they going to pay their contracted (highly paid) players over the next 2-3 years ? Believe me if they get demoted they're in deep deep do do's..... and will serve them right. As for 'Arry it surely will be 'Captain, women and children first' !

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It's hardly the point they may have received more money than they'll get fined, it means when they've paid the fine how are they going to pay their contracted (highly paid) players over the next 2-3 years ? Believe me if they get demoted they're in deep deep do do's..... and will serve them right. As for 'Arry it surely will be 'Captain, women and children first' !

Surely they will have followed Burnleys example. I am told that they doubled every players wage on promotion, including Ashley Barnes, but have a clause that it will revert back when they get relgated.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Unfortunately there are probably 3 shitter clubs than QPR in the Premier League at present. Palace, Burnley and West Brom spring to mind. Newcastle should be ok once they've brought in a new manager with the usual up-turn in form that brings.

Palace, West Ham and QPR to drop would be the thing of dreams :clap2:

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He was born in Poplar according to wiki and his dad was a docker in East India Docks unloading the banana boats. Dad used to come into The Connaught at 7.30am everyday straight off the bus from The Green Man, quick Pint Ben Truman and then off to work at 8.00am

Gone are the days when you could go to work in the morning half pissed and have a kip until lunchtime :lol:

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
QPR wage bill for last season in the championship was £80 million. God only knows what it is this! So with the usual salary decrease of 40% of the increased salary they will surely be needing to find £100 million plus. Anyway time will tell, it makes me grateful that Paul Barber's got his feet under a desk in the Amex...even if he does rip us off with pies. :wink:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blokes, if injured over the weekend, used to come to work Monday morning be carried to the hold of the ship and then get signed off with industrial injuries and in some cases compernsation. This happened quite often.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Just a thought on us perhaps getting to the Prem. The minimum TV money would be around £60 million, so with say a squad of 25 players on the average wage in the Prem of £30 grand a week, or £1.5 million pa, made up of foreign imports, loans and a few we already have, meaning the squad wage bill would be £37.5 million ???

Shirley this would point to it actually being a viable proposition financially, and if we are as astute as we have shown we can be, perhaps splashing a little bit more on that under the radar striker, and stay in the top league for a couple of seasons or more ???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely they will have followed Burnleys example. I am told that they doubled every players wage on promotion, including Ashley Barnes, but have a clause that it will revert back when they get relgated.

Don't be ridiculous. It's QPR. They don't give two shits about financial prudence.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Absolute bellend. Still signing the same old players too.

Surprised he didn't try and get Ben-Haim or John Utaka to strengthen QPR...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here