Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's the weirdest or most wonderful Albion related story you've got to tell?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has to be a League Cup game at Withdean, where stewards were trying to eject an abusive drunk from H Block. He wasn't coming without a struggle. Four stewards grabbed a limb apiece, and were in the process of edging him down the stairs when - right in front of me - one of the stewards pulled his leg off! :ohmy:

Time stood still. Stewards froze. H Block was stunned into silence.

It was an artificial limb. You could see the stewards thinking 'Shit! What do we do now?'. Especially the steward left holding the leg. Bloke was eventually led off, effing and blinding and hopping, round the athletics track. Just about the weirdest, most wonderful thing I ever did see anywhere ever :lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Has to be a League Cup game at Withdean, where stewards were trying to eject an abusive drunk from H Block. He wasn't coming without a struggle. Four stewards grabbed a limb apiece, and were in the process of edging him down the stairs when - right in front of me - one of the stewards pulled his leg off! :ohmy:

It was an artificial limb. You could see the stewards thinking 'Shit! What do we do now?'. Especially the steward left holding the leg. Bloke was eventually led off, effing and blinding and hopping, round the athletics track. Just about the weirdest, most wonderful thing I ever did see anywhere ever :lolol:
End of thread…..you win :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit. Not albion

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Edit - I already edited my post. Dunno why I replied to it. Sorry

Anyway this thread us useless without a poll.

Bones79

Oct 19, 2022
When we played against Brighton reserves, must of been late 90s. Our number 8 offered to buy Nathan Jones a pint if he stopped tearing around the pitch. After the game Jones came in our changing room to find our number 8 and collect his pint. I can't remember exact year but Steele, Virgo and Mayo were also playing.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
When we played against Brighton reserves, must of been late 90s. Our number 8 offered to buy Nathan Jones a pint if he stopped tearing around the pitch. After the game Jones came in our changing room to find our number 8 and collect his pint. I can't remember exact year but Steele, Virgo and Mayo were also playing.
Who is "we"?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Who is "we"?

Well, to answer my own question, Hassocks in the Sussex Senior Cup on February 18 2002 - 8-1 to Albion :thumbsup:

griff9

Mar 17, 2009
brighton
One of my first ever Brighton games was the first league game back at the withdean, where freeman scored a hatrick and we smashed Mansfield 6-1...

As I stood there an 8 year old kid at the final whistle.... the stranger that had been sitting next to me for 90 minutes; Removed his clothes, hands them to the person behind and streaks onto the pitch!
Only to be frog marched off by police with a smile which can only be defined as sheer joy!!

Suffice to say, this has not happened to me at a Brighton game ever since!
Complete one off that I will never forget

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Away at Notts County, New Year's Day 1991. As Dean Wilkins came across to take a corner I wandered to the fence and had a brief chat with him, then advised him to aim for the far post as the keeper was flapping a bit. He actually did, but the keeper caught it. That was the end of my managerial career.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Doing an end of season prize giving at which we had a couple of youngsters from the club, Virgs and Dan Webb, as guests. I was doing a speech and introducing the winners and the PA kept going on the blink. Virgs and Webb thought it highly amusing and were giggling like school kids. This went on for some while before I caught the b*ggers pulling the the wire out of the PA system. Great lads the pair of them.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

He was hammered and acting up. It wasn’t a surprise when they decided to kick him out.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Hold on we’ve not heard what happened in the second leg yet🤣
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Hopping mad, was he?

Didn’t have a leg to stand on really.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading

I remember that, it was not the only the Stewards thinking “shit” when the fella’s leg came off I thought I was going to be sick until I realised it wasn’t real.

The other funny thing that happened was when we won promotion to the championship against dagenham and redbridge loads of people invaded the pitch and the tannyo was going mad telling everyone to leave, when two mobility scooters zoomed on the pitch, the stewards had no idea what to do. Luckily mobility scooters can’t do donuts and burn outs. I also think Gus Poyet pulled a hamstring trying to escape 😀

Last edited:

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Could have been my good mate Alan. He attended my wedding at Hove Town Hall, pissed as a fart, pissing down with rain. Trying desperately to put his waterproofs on so he could ride his moped back to mine. His wooden leg locked up. Spinning like a top, you should have seen him go, I knew my mate ( not bride) when he used to rock and roll…

Last edited:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not really weird, or wonderful - but my wife used to regularly babysit Joe Gatting when he was a nipper & got to know the family quite well.
Also, one afternoon while I was at Patcham Jnr School, Steve Penney and Dean Saunders came in to play football. Still remember clearly all of us running round the school hall like headless chickens trying to slide tackle them! Pretty sure Justin Fashanu turned up another time as well.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Late 70’s I think, got the coach to Wolves away and I ended up sitting next to some good looking blonde. Turned out she was something to do with the NF. She wasn’t actually going to the game but meeting up with some like minded people in Wolverhampton!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

You could say they were stumped...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here