Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the rule.....

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Blackburn have exactly the same stats as us - same points, goals for and against.

Technically who is top of the tree? Shirley it can't be on alphabetical order?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
What even on the last day of the season. Surely we word rename as Aardvark and hove Albion?

I think, but I'm not completely sure, if two teams are dead level at the end of the season there would be a one-off playoff (assuming it matters, doubt they'd do it to decide between 12th and 13th).

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I think, but I'm not completely sure, if two teams are dead level at the end of the season there would be a one-off playoff (assuming it matters, doubt they'd do it to decide between 12th and 13th).

Yeah, they would. I cant imagine Man United would be too happy if them and City had the same stat and were in 1st and 2nd and City won the title because C comes before U!

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
You are correct Mr optomist, this is from the Prem website.

If two or more teams are equal on points, the winner is then determined by goal difference and then, if necessary, by the number of goals scored.

Where teams are equal on points, the number of goals scored and goal difference, there will be a play-off to determine the winner.

We do not look at the head-to-head record of individual teams.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
So just because Blackpool are above Brighton alphabetically, there's a play-off? Hardly seems fair IMO.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring

If two or more teams are equal on points, the winner is then determined by goal difference and then, if necessary, by the number of goals scored.

Where teams are equal on points, the number of goals scored and goal difference, there will be a play-off to determine the winner.

Thread closed thanks Bulldog!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Could Premier League rules be different to the Football League?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:

Smart arse. :D

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if this were the case come the end of the season, the teams draw straws to determine the winner i believe.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
So if second and third place had this scenario they'd have to play-off for who goes up and who goes into the real play-offs. That could cause havoc with the schedules, Wembley pre-booked, etc.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
So if second and third place had this scenario they'd have to play-off for who goes up and who goes into the real play-offs. That could cause havoc with the schedules, Wembley pre-booked, etc.

It is HIGHLY unlikely to ever happen.
I wouldn't worry yourself about it!!

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
Sorry, i assumed the Prem and FL would be the same but they aren't.

If everything is equal at the end of the season, they look at the head to head results between the 2 teams first, if still equal they go for the knock out game.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] should know that if teams are level on absolutely everything on the pitch, then it is decided by the length of wating time for the S Bus. We don't want to risk missing out on promotion because of something so easily fixed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here