Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the point......?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
In spending millions on attacking players and lets be honest some of the best wingers in this league?
If we continue to play defensive football you have to wonder why,all these quality players can't create chances,why is this?

Its because we have a massive massive gaping hole in the middle,7 defensive players and 3 attackers,where's the middle creativity?

Not trying to be negative as its been a great season but im getting really frustrated by the lack of chances.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Funny cos the majority on here were slating him earlier in the season.

You are right though. When we have no Dicker or Harley we have zero creativity. And so far unless Harley is on form (which is 20% of the time) we offer nothing in midfield and constantly get over-run

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We are not missing dicker or harley as we created sod all with them,we just need to get some dominant attacking midfielders in:)

We all know gus will get whats required as he works out who is good enough and who isn't,next season he will get the right players:)

Our style is becoming far to predictable,we have one man around the penalty box and two wingers,thats not goner create chances.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Funny cos the majority on here were slating him earlier in the season.

You are right though. When we have no Dicker or Harley we have zero creativity. And so far unless Harley is on form (which is 20% of the time) we offer nothing in midfield and constantly get over-run

He did go through a bad spell of losing the ball, which coincided with letting alot of goals in. So I can see why but creative wise, he adds to the team where Navs and Spaz don't quite do it. Harley is very creative but just needs to sort out a bit of defensive work and I'd have him starting every game. We look more solid than eariler in the season but we've lost a creative spark. Of course it doesn't help if your Keeper can't catch the ball without dropping it.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
What's wrong with competing in the Championship in our first season? We're challenging with ex Prem teams in the top half of the table FFS, get a grip people!

If after 2-3 years were in the same position then start moaning. The Norwich story does not happen every season.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
What's wrong with competing in the Championship in our first season? We're challenging with ex Prem teams in the top half of the table FFS, get a grip people!

If after 2-3 years were in the same position then start moaning. The Norwich story does not happen every season.

Nail hit firmly on the head :thumbsup:
We needed to spend to be competitive at this level

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

People want shots on goal and even if thats a 4-2 defeat we can handle it,its been a great season no doubts about that.

These are ex prem which means nothing to me:)

D

Deleted member 18477

Let's just buy George Boyd and Jacob butterfield. That'll solve it...

... If only it were that simple eh...

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We are not missing dicker or harley as we created sod all with them,we just need to get some dominant attacking midfielders in:)

We all know gus will get whats required as he works out who is good enough and who isn't,next season he will get the right players:)

Our style is becoming far to predictable,we have one man around the penalty box and two wingers,thats not goner create chances.

We usually play with 1. I'm glad Gus played with 2, But it still didnt seem to work for chances. More creativity in Midfield needed and The best Winger at the club imo, has missed out on starting again, what does Bucks have to do to get a start? Hes powerful and thats whats needed away from home. Noone has been looking a bit tired and I think a bit of Bench time would spur him up again. But as I said, its more about the midfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here