Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the opposite of a JCL?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
superfan.jpg

Feb 14, 2010
Whatever the name is, I'm probably one of them. Followed them all my life, watched them as a young child, season ticket holder as a teenager, was there throughout the decline after dropping out of the top flight, then the roubles with Archer, saw them a bit at both Gillingham and Withdean, but life moves on and Amex has not featured much in my Albion watching life as it hasn't fitted it. Been a few times but not a regular and doubt I will be again, well not until I retire. I will however always do a few games a year, whether home or away, no matter division we are in. Lots of people will be the same, in fact I expect that for every one of the 23000 season ticket holders, there will be another 10 to 20 people like myself.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Someone who has followed the club for maybe 50 years
Seen the glory div 1 years and FA cup final - many a rainy Tuesday night at the Priestfield - to the promise that is the Amex.

Now witnessing the demise [on pitch at any rate] of our beloved club and is fast losing interest and falling out of love with the club. Perhaps stopped going to home games, or maybe, non-sussex based fans now reducing away days to nil, 1 or 2 per season.

Someone who was proud to pipe up in a far away place when football was the discussion: "My team is Brighton" who now keeps quiet.

What do we call these folk who are the reverse of the "Johnny Come Lately" - Billy Gone Sadly maybe?
I'd be interested to know what uber fans like yourself will call the JCL's that stick around if we get relegated. The term JCL infers glory hunters no? not much glory in League 1. No offence, just curious.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Johnny Gone Early.

Plenty of those around too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here