Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the nearest pub to your house you've never been in?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I walked past a pub called The Nelson a few streets from my house practically every day for seven years on my way to school. Lovely old place and I was gutted I never got to go in prior to them knocking it down and building some hideous, matchbox houses on the site.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
When I lived in Vere Road in the early 90's, I used to drink in the Eagle (called the George Beard at the time). One evening my mate and I worked out, with the aid of a map, ruler and the yellow pages, that there were 50 pubs nearer my flat than the one I was in, most of which I'd never visited, despite being a bit of a piss artist.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What's that one at the top of Elm Grove, by the racecourse?

I've never been there, but it's a fair trek from me to be fair. Took me quote a while of going through every pub in the vicinity to finally find one I didn't know. Was thinking I'd end up in Woodingdean.

I must pay it a visit

The Winner / fox on the downs.

Go on a Sunday lunchtime, they do a cracking carvery.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Closest that I've never been in? Don't think I've ever been in the Swan in Worthing and that's probably 1500m from my doorstep. Go to the Alex or the Selden Arms if I want a pint

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Unlike most I can't play as I don't have a house I have never been in...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For 6 years we lived in Sussex Square/Rock Street, and could literally look out of our window at The Rock Inn and a rough pub (now renamed Busby&Wilds). We never went in those pubs, not once. Instead, we always headed into more central pubs and clubs, loving city centre nightlife at that time.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
When The Golden Cross in Portland Road existed only the very brave ventured in. Perfectly safe now after two transformations and name changes.

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
The Regency Tavern in the centre of Brighton, only a square away from home but id never set foot in there, looks a dive!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here