Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

what's the most mysterious subject/thought in the world?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why do birds suddenly appear every time you are near?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
And even described in the Bible as "Swarthy"... so he was a dark-skinned Arab. It will come as a shock to all those who picture him as a fair-skinned bearded fellow (ie most of Europe and ALL of N.America) when they finally realise he was black.

youve had a busy day poppet; was that a dozen thumbs down :lolol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And even described in the Bible as "Swarthy"... so he was a dark-skinned Arab. It will come as a shock to all those who picture him as a fair-skinned bearded fellow (ie most of Europe and ALL of N.America) when they finally realise he was black.

.... and it might wake a few people up to the realities of the world we live in.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
And even described in the Bible as "Swarthy".

Not actually true. Lamentations 4:7 does refer to Nazarites as being swarthy, but it is a big stretch to say that refers to Jesus. I'm not saying he wasn't or middle eastern looks, but you are wrong to say the Bible says Jesus was swarthy. It doesn't.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

I saw Jesus when I was in the K hole once. He was short and Semitic looking. Heavyset smith curly hair but very animated with his hands. He was talking very excitedly with some of his disciples and didn't see me because I was wedged in a crack in a wall. It's all very complicated but I could see him very clearly and could hear his voice...I couldn't understand a word of any of it mind as I don't speak Aramaic. I could remember every single detail afterwards...could see roman legionnaires and throngs of others milling about. Very moving in a peculiar way. Knowing this man was to leave a religion and a huge legacy of ideas. Very frustrating that I couldn't interact with him.

Goes to show...not ALL drugs are bad. This was very much a talented and passionate orator and more human than most. He looked more like a less effeminate version of Osama Bin Laden than the fair haired purple robed version so beloved by catholic painters.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not actually true. Lamentations 4:7 does refer to Nazarites as being swarthy, but it is a big stretch to say that refers to Jesus. I'm not saying he wasn't or middle eastern looks, but you are wrong to say the Bible says Jesus was swarthy. It doesn't.

Its not a big stretch at all, surely?

If it describes a people as a whole, and he is to be included in that, and it does not in that passage (or anywhere else) refer to his* being of freakishly differing appearance to his peers, then its a perfectly logical extrapolation to draw.

(He can be whatever you want - its all a fairy story, after all)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here