Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whats the most important/valuable 'thing' you have left behind.....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Left my tools in a phone box in Rottingdean. Went back but they'd gone.

An old boss of mine was called out one night to Billingshurst telephone exchange following reports of a dog barking inside. When he got there he found it was his dog, which he'd taken to work that day and forgotten. He also had a habit of leaving his wife in the pub and going home. Lovely bloke but how he ever got promoted is a mystery.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Blimey, that's a very embarrassing story. Having made a similar journey recently I can't imagine how parents (I'm assuming there were two involved ) could not notice a missing kid. Also, depending upon their ages, wouldn't the other kids have noticed?!

Quite easy.
It seems to happen to Kevin McCallister every year. Sometimes twice.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Left 500 notes in a wallet on the floor of Gatwick airport when I bent down to sort out passports, tickets etc, upon rushing back realised I was never seeing it again. I was only 17at the time and it was a LOT of money to me then. I was so pissed off.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Left 500 notes in a wallet on the floor of Gatwick airport when I bent down to sort out passports, tickets etc, upon rushing back realised I was never seeing it again. I was only 17at the time and it was a LOT of money to me then. I was so pissed off.

Once stayed in a hotel near the Rumanian border with what was then Yugoslavia with two mates, set off in my car to cross the border on way home then realised my wallet was missing. Had to turn around to report it to the police in the town, then met a very nice group of young ladies outside the station, one of whom became my pen-friend for a while.

Still don't trust my then mates entirely as we were all in one room overnight with no sign that other stuff was stolen. Must have been £200 or so in it, that was a LOT of money then.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I once, aged about 20, left a backpack with all my festival medicine in at Reading train station. Not the kind you would report missing. Apart from being out of pocket I spent the entire festival shitting myself that I had I.D in the bag, I couldn't recall.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Once stayed in a hotel near the Rumanian border with what was then Yugoslavia with two mates, set off in my car to cross the border on way home then realised my wallet was missing. Had to turn around to report it to the police in the town, then met a very nice group of young ladies outside the station, one of whom became my pen-friend for a while.

Still don't trust my then mates entirely as we were all in one room overnight with no sign that other stuff was stolen. Must have been £200 or so in it, that was a LOT of money then.

I used an internet cafe in Romania and foolishly left my wallet with about £300 (and all my cards) in it. I went back next day, more in hope than expectation (as that was about five times the average monthly salary back then) and discovered that a teenage boy had handed it in.He was actually in the cafe so I tipped him £20's worth of lei and thought myself extremely lucky

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Twice I have left £200 in the cashpoints open mouth and walked off with only the card back in the wallet. Once outside and once inside the Bank but both times on returning 20 minutes later it was handed in at reception.

I once lost a chicken. We had the builders in and one of the six hens we had at the time managed to fly over the perimeter fence of our chicken run and climb under the builders' van, where she attached herself to the rear axle. Only when the builders got home (a journey from Firle to Woodingdean) did they notice their stowaway passenger - who was duly returned home the following morning.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
My wedding ring in the Pacific Ocean off Fiji on my honeymoon. It skipped off my finger whilst snorkelling and unfortunately despite diving down for 2 hours I was unable to find it. :(

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Blimey, that's a very embarrassing story. Having made a similar journey recently I can't imagine how parents (I'm assuming there were two involved ) could not notice a missing kid. Also, depending upon their ages, wouldn't the other kids have noticed?!

I would have been alerted by the lack of squabling in the back seat

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A very cool and expensive shirt. My then girlfriend now wife and i had been to a club and after many shandies got a taxi home. I was chivalrous and lent her the said shirt to keep her warm but somehow she managed to leave it in the taxi. I am still waiting for a replacement

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
A very large lump of resin at Stonehenge festival in 1981 after rolling a doobie near the stage. Luckily we found it after a frantic search.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
a wheelchair
used by someone that is wheelchair bound

helped them into the car,forgot to put the wheelchair in said car.......drove off and didnt realise until we got home

what a plank!

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Returning from a holiday in Portugal left my car keys at Faro airport as going through the security scanner I stopped to help the lady behind me and put them down. Oh the family smiled and were so forgiving as I waited in the rain back in England for a locksmith to arrive and then make a new key ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here