Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] What's the most asked for a can of fizzy pop?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
With the pint thread still fresh in my mind.

I called into a burger establishment, last night, they are asking £2 for a standard can of fizzy, Fanta Lemon for the completists.

I declined.

Two f*****g quid for a can, Jesus wept.

Jul 7, 2003
Plenty of restaurants charging up to £3 for pouring a tin or small bottle of soft drink into a glass.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can of Diet Coke is over a quid in coop/Tesco express/Sainsburys Local and most corner shops.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Original Coca Cola is the only fizzy drink that goes down this throat. Pepsi is like a dose of saccharine and diet Coke is the spawn of the devil. The rest are too sweet/sour and fecking disgusting. Fanta used to be good but is now way too sweet….or maybe my alcohol fuelled palate has changed :smile:

I’ll pay whatever they charge if I want a Coke, except maybe in hotels like the George V in Paris where I’ll go thirsty.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Original Coca Cola is the only fizzy drink that goes down this throat. Pepsi is like a dose of saccharine and diet Coke is the spawn of the devil. The rest are too sweet/sour and fecking disgusting. Fanta used to be good but is now way too sweet….or maybe my alcohol fuelled palate has changed :smile:

I’ll pay whatever they charge if I want a Coke, except maybe in hotels like the George V in Paris where I’ll go thirsty.

Likewise, Original Coca Cola is (for me) the only bearable fizzy drink. I don’t have it too often, but every other soft drink in a can I’ve tried has been foul.

I’ve been charged upward of £3 for a can before and taken it with only a slight tic forming in one eye.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Latest price marked packs for full fat coke in the wholesalers are 95p. Can still get 85p PM but they will disappear soon. Diet coke and Coke zero are around 10p cheaper due to sugar tax. Those are prices set by Coca Cola. Theyve always allowed the retailer to make a reasonable mark up on their prices. Really no need for anyone to charge quite so much.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not a can, but I've been to places that charge a tenner for a bottle of 'sparking' water...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Occaisionally I'll down a coca cola ( full fat only) or sometimes a San Pellegrino grapefruit or lemon. But usually swerve stuff like that, coffee water beer or wine Are my staple fluids.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Occaisionally I'll down a coca cola ( full fat only) or sometimes a San Pellegrino grapefruit or lemon. But usually swerve stuff like that, coffee water beer or wine Are my staple fluids.
Those San Pellegrinos are bloody lovely. Although I find the grapefruit one is as rare as rocking horse shit.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Plenty of restaurants charging up to £3 for pouring a tin or small bottle of soft drink into a glass.
Last summer in several of the beach bars/ restaurants in Cannes , normal size bottles of Coke were priced at 10 Euros , so that’s over £8 .

Mind you the watery stuff that comes out of those pump dispensers in many bars & pubs is hideous !

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
Those San Pellegrinos are bloody lovely. Although I find the grapefruit one is as rare as rocking horse shit.
I used to love San Pellegrino but as I'm mildly allergic to artificial sweeteners I can't do them any more. Ditto D&G ginger beer, all Fantas and a host of other soft drinks I used to partake of. I suppose that's probably not a bad thing, but it's just full-fat Coke for me now.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Any fizzy drink like Coke, Pepsi.......etc
Are full of sugar that rot your teeth and innards.
Absolutely and most of the sugar free ones are full of artificial sweeteners . Really surprised when you see parents buying bucketloads of these fizzy drinks for their kids . Really bad for them . Stick to water or fresh juice or appletizer types which are just carbonated apple juice nothing else.

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015
Coke pah!

Happy Shopper energy drink; was 35p now 50p and worth every one of those pennies.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Rio tropical
Original coke
Dr Pepper

That’s my palette. And not too often. I’d rather have an iced water most times.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Absolutely and most of the sugar free ones are full of artificial sweeteners . Really surprised when you see parents buying bucketloads of these fizzy drinks for their kids . Really bad for them . Stick to water or fresh juice or appletizer types which are just carbonated apple juice nothing else.
Fruit juice and sugar-free drinks are just as bad for you as fizzy drinks. Better to stick to water, fresh fruit or brewed drinks such as tea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here