Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the longest you've ever spent in hospital?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
For me, it was when I was born. Never had more than a visit to A+E since then. Long may that continue.

Same for me, and I've turned 60 this year. Hope it's not a case of famous last words.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
For me, it was when I was born. Never had more than a visit to A+E since then. Long may that continue.

Not sure really. When I was one year old I had cancer and had a kidney taken out, but I don't know how long I was in for then. Now I'm 51 and waiting for a kidney transplant, so will be having that op when one becomes available - bit I should only be in for about a week, I gather.

Interesting, yesterday I was looking back over the year to see how many medical appointments I'd had. By the time I'd got to April in my diary, I was up to 27 and gave up counting. Have had 3 ops this year, but only kept in for 1 night each time.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
About three weeks for a knee op back in 1963.
Think today I would have been in and out in a couple of days,with all the surgical advances that have been made.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
9 weeks
back Op

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Three weeks in the 80s with a ruptured ankle ligament.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Might have stayed overnight when I was born, but apart from a couple of broken tendons, one spontaneous nosebleed, a mutilated finger and one embarrassing cystoscopy (none of which took more than a couple of hours), I've never had the privilege of attending the hospital.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Might have stayed overnight when I was born, but apart from a couple of broken tendons, one spontaneous nosebleed, a mutilated finger and one embarrassing cystoscopy (none of which took more than a couple of hours), I've never had the privilege of attending the hospital.

Was that a "flexible cystoscopy" - the one where they put a probe somewhere that one really shouldn't be going ? I had that one, but in the last 18 months I've had 6 ops under general anaesthetic to do bigger ones, using equipment I'd rather not think about.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Was that a "flexible cystoscopy" - the one where they put a probe somewhere that one really shouldn't be going ? I had that one, but in the last 18 months I've had 6 ops under general anaesthetic to do bigger ones, using equipment I'd rather not think about.

Yes, and even though I had a general anaesthetic as well, it was not an experience I'd recommend, especially as it was only diagnostic - not a treatment. Still, the staff were excellent it has to be said, it wasn't their fault the procedure left me with a tricky dicky afterwards.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yes, and even though I had a general anaesthetic as well, it was not an experience I'd recommend, especially as it was only diagnostic - not a treatment. Still, the staff were excellent it has to be said, it wasn't their fault the procedure left me with a tricky dicky afterwards.

The one under local was very "uncomfortable" to say the least. I'm glad I was asleep for the bigger versions. I am due for my 7th any time soon.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Around 3 months in the early 70s (RSCH) can't remember exactly how long :shrug: but had my right kidney removed, they didn't know what was wrong at first so I spent a few weeks having many many tests for different things.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
93 days when eldest daughter born - 2lb 4 - then had an operation at 8 days and then had necrotisingentryacolitis - bad times. All good now though

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
11 months at age 11; had nephrotic syndrome (kidneys leaking too much protein). All's been good since though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here