What's the highest qualification you've got?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Bsc First Class Honours Degree in Anatomy & Physiology,
BTEC Diploma Science & Health studies,
12 0'Levels,
Dip Ed Level III HE Forensic Science,
I'm a qualified Operating Department Practitioner.
Starting in October on a Criminology & Psychology Degree with O.U

Level 2 FA Coaching award
FA Prelim Badge
Multiple football medals
Brown Belt in Budokhan

That's some achievement! Good luck with the new degree.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I genuine love hearing about the things people have gone out and achieved , really good thread after some of the negative discussions that have dominated the site recently.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
City & Guilds in Morse Code....that came in handy in civvy street...NOT!

CSE in Woodwork and Metalwork...and that's it....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
City & Guilds in Morse Code....that came in handy in civvy street...NOT!

CSE in Woodwork and Metalwork...and that's it....

I was a morse radio operator in the forces but didn't get a civilian certificate like City & Guilds. The navy stopped teaching morse in 1973.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
That's some achievement! Good luck with the new degree.

It took a while mate yeah but being educated isn't everything, i really envy people that can build things, make beautiful stuff to look at etc etc.
My worlds been very academic mainly, but ask me to plumb in a house or plaster a wall forget it !!
Everyone has valuable skills.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was wondering what the fklnp bit was on my license, and now i know..

:wink:

I know you were joking, but if anyone was wondering, those codes on your license refer to these vehices:

Category - Vehicle you can drive
f - Agricultural tractor
G - Road roller
H - Tracked vehicles
k - Mowing machine or pedestrian-controlled vehicle
l - Electrically-propelled vehicle
M - Trolley vehicles
n - Exempt from duty

Mine is a proper fork lift qualification - had to sit a TEST and everything...

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I know - I meant as opposed to the heavily simulator based era in the early-mid 2000s. Think it was entirely multiple choice in the NT4/2000 era but that's too long ago for me to have done them.

Oh! Sorry, I didn't know about the simulator style exams. I'm late to the SQL party!

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
:wink:

I know you were joking, but if anyone was wondering, those codes on your license refer to these vehices:

Category - Vehicle you can drive
f - Agricultural tractor
G - Road roller
H - Tracked vehicles
k - Mowing machine or pedestrian-controlled vehicle
l - Electrically-propelled vehicle
M - Trolley vehicles
n - Exempt from duty

Mine is a proper fork lift qualification - had to sit a TEST and everything...

Wish i was..

I knew i'd passed my Counterbalance test (No sitting at a desk as i recall..) but never saw pic of FL on back of DL card - It was only when you commented earlier that i looked again, and fknl, and thought to look it up.. Who says NSC doesn't stretch the mind eh..

(in the time i've been doing that, some toe rag builder has dumped a pile of rubble RIGHT behind my van, making it look like it's mine... )
:rant::rant:

BangaloreGull

Jun 18, 2011
Burgess Hill
I am a Fellow of both the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and The British Computer Society., a dual qualification which I suspect is unique, and I am secretly quite proud of, but which my wife thinks is funny and makes me a sad geek! I also have an MBA. If I currently held all the professional memberships I have ever held I could put the following letter after my name BSc (Hons) MBA FRICS FBCS CITP MPMI PMP MAPM APMP. I never have I hasten to add!

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
PhD from Manchester University

Currently working towards Kennel Club Accredited Instructor for Dog Training.

Six Sigma Green Belt (woohoo)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gone through most of my stunt training. Final push at International stunt school in LA next June and I can step up my work. That qualifies me in height work, precision driving and fire work. But I mainly interested in sword work. Nearly there.

Used to teach rock climbing and am a qualified fitness and gym instructor with Ryburn but they'd all be out of date now it's so long since I taught.
I wanted to be a stuntman when I was young Nibble. We used to have a divan/sofa at the back of our lounge and used to just about manage a forward roll before my mum came in and swung for us. Avoiding blows became my speciality in orchestrated fights after that.

My city and guilds in electronic servicing have come in really handy in the building game. God I'm so glad I got out of that. Man that was boring shit.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

I wanted to be a stuntman when I was young Nibble. We used to have a divan/sofa at the back of our lounge and used to just about manage a forward roll before my mum came in and swung for us. Avoiding blows became my speciality in orchestrated fights after that.

My city and guilds in electronic servicing have come in really handy in the building game. God I'm so glad I got out of that. Man that was boring shit.

I can imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports