Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the club average weekly wage? Who's the top earner

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Well yes, but we are looking for the average player weekly wage, so non-playing staff won't throw that out by too many hundreds per player per week.

You'd need to know how many playing staff there are and how many non-playing and, even then, I'm not sure I could get remotely close to a credible guess!

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Buy football manager and look on there.

They won't be accurate but will at least be educated guesses which is probably better than you will get on NSC

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Zamora must be up there.
Why? By all accounts it seemed Chris didn't particularly want him, but Zamora only wanted to be here, which would suggest the bargaining power was with the club.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Why? By all account it seemed Chris didn't particularly want him, but Zamora only wanted to be here, which would suggest the bargaining power was with the club.

They took Bobby on with a known injury.
Suggests the club were fairly desperate for another striker and to lift spirits, also fairly late on in the window.
Bobby fell out of love with the game a long time ago and I'm guessing that he would have happily retired at the end of last season.

Appears to me that the bargaining power was with Bobby.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One story has Dunk on £17k a week.

The same story had him taking the £22k a week that Fulham offered him, but then realising he'd have to get out of bed an hour or so earlier every morning to get to training.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Suggests the club were fairly desperate for another striker and to lift spirits, also fairly late on in the window.
Bobby fell out of love with the game a long time ago and I'm guessing that he would have happily retired at the end of last season.

Appears to me that the bargaining power was with Bobby.

I don't agree he feel out of love with the game. He made a much misinterpreted comment about not being interested in football beyond playing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How true I dont know and how he knows also, but a chap on the train after last game was saying he had people ITK who told him no player at Brighton was on more than £10k per week basic and stories of CMS etc on £15k ish was absolute b......s.
Why is it that wherever you are, there's some random person wanting to tell you ITK stuff, yet the rest of us, who actually live here, never hear anything? Do you sometimes find, when you hear these voices, that you're alone?

So he'd have been expecting less money.
He hasn't looked like a player with no interest in the game. We heard rumours of him joining us, I think [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] said Bobby wanted to join, but for a good month, nothing happened. In that time there were no rumours of him going elsewhere. All the evidence at the time suggested he wanted to come here and Chris wasn't fussed, rather than the other way round. And if we were desperate for a striker and willing to spend a lot of money, then you'd think we'd spend it on someone without a known injury. And if he was just brought here to lift spirits, then we wouldn't have spent much on him would we.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I expect the basic maximum is at £13K or lower probably £11k pw + massive promotion bonuses.

How true I dont know and how he knows also, but a chap on the train after last game was saying he had people ITK who told him no player at Brighton was on more than £10k per week basic and stories of CMS etc on £15k ish was absolute b......s. Whatever it is a lot more than me as I am retired. It amazes me why fans would want or need to know as it is not their money paying it.

Lolz. Yeah right.
It's 2011 again, is it?

I expect you'll find that this year's wage bill is top 10 in the league (but lower than: Boro, Derby, Burnley, Hull, QPR, Fulham and, possibly, MASSIVE)
Average wage for full squad player: £10.500 per week

Anyway. Who cares. They're all worth what we pay them this year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said they were talking to each other, not to me, and a figure of £4k per week was suggested as being the wage for one of our 1st team squad. I have no idea either way right or wrong as my days of knowing what players were offered finished with Barry Lloyds time as manager. At the time they were very poorly paid in fact I was earning more as a pub manager. In fact he tried to sign a cover goalkeeper who earned more driving a van for Royal Mail and playing non league than BHA offered him.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Having stuck some numbers from the accounts into a spreadsheet, and made some sweeping generalisations in terms of assumptions, I've ended up with an average wage of just over £8,000 a week for last year.

I would expect the wage bill to be much higher this season.

Wage Guess 2015.PNG

Dec 29, 2011
As I said they were talking to each other, not to me, and a figure of £4k per week was suggested as being the wage for one of our 1st team squad. I have no idea either way right or wrong as my days of knowing what players were offered finished with Barry Lloyds time as manager. At the time they were very poorly paid in fact I was earning more as a pub manager. In fact he tried to sign a cover goalkeeper who earned more driving a van for Royal Mail and playing non league than BHA offered him.

Wages in the first team squad vary considerably, especially last year when we had JFC and Kayal in the same squad.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wages in the first team squad vary considerably, especially last year when we had JFC and Kayal in the same squad.

I suspect our first choice centre halves, one recruited from Shrewsbury, one for whom we turned down a £5 million bid, might be on a big difference too.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
1st team players anything ranging from 5k to 17k, pure speculation of course.

The mojority will be on around 10k in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here